Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
blanksalot

Mileage

Just wondering what sort of mileage the members rack up on travelling to their waters.

I recently read an article where a guy does 300+ mile round trip to fish ,2-3 times a month :shock:

My local that you can nightfish is 10 mins away, after that maybe half an hour to the next one which seems a good water but i'm put off by the stories of the rowdy locals and possible tackle theft, not a place i'd take my son,

We'd like a session at the monument so i suppose special days out are the exception,

I see quite a few are covering some miles to get to cromwell, best of luck chaps :)

Anyway back to the question , how far do you travel normally?

Thanks for the good luck msg i think im going to need it :shock::D

Fuel is silly expensive nowadays but i do like my trips into Staffordshire quite a bit in the summer and thats a 100mile round journey for me

Its not so bad as i take a mate who allways goes half on the juice 8)

Any other fishing i do isnt more than 20odd minutes away

There's a couple of runs waters about 15-20 minutes away, but the proper lake that I usually fish is 43 miles away, but it's mostly on B roads, so it takes a good hour.

This year I've joined Portsmouth AS. Their waters are still about 40-50 miles away, but it's mostly on dual carriageways so hopefully my journey times will come down.

I've been travelling for a lot of years, since at least 1995 for one of my waters.

Ipswich to Taverham Mills was the usual weekly jaunt, about 100mile round trip from 1995 until 2002.

Then from 2005/2006 it was Ipswich to Earith, which is close on a 90mile trip there every week. Then a year close by, Ipswich to Colchester, followed by now my regular monthly trips Ipswich to Harlow.

Since 2011 I have been transport less, not owning a car, so that trip is done on Public Transport

I have about 10 good waters within 5 miles of my house. Takes me ages to get to my syndicate, all three roads of it takes me about 3 minutes. :lol:

On this lake though most of the members are from miles away. Loads of brummies, scousers and mancs. Fair play to them for the effort.

My last season in UK saw me driving for 2 hours each way to fish the syndicate. I used to drive up on a Thursday evening to bait up and it took me at least 5 hours round trip. My wife thought I was insane but it produced some amazing catches for me so I thought it worthwhile.

Now I have my own lake and travel 10 ........................... yards. :lol:

The waters I choose to fish are a 1500 mile round trip, Ive done two so far this year and will start another next week :D
Frank you need to buy a helicopter :lol:

Where the hell are you going? Lands End to John O'Groats is only a 1600 mile round trip!

I actualy live slightly further north then John O groats and I drive straight through to Windsor[about 680] to collect all my gear before heading to my prefered lake.

If I were to visit yourself it would be roughly 750miles!

Up until two years ago I was doing at least 20,000 miles a year carp fishing.

A little over two years ago I started a fishing trip round Europe, I dare bnot work my total milage out!

I have my own carp lake within walking distance up here, and when I head south I have Wraysbury and Horton, within walking distance of home.

I just choose to fish some strange places.

10 mile round trip to my chosen venue but i am looking to get on a syndicate this week or next week with a bit of luck and its even closer than that. 3 miles is the closest. but as part of this syndicate i will have a choice of 14 lakes in glamorgan. not bad i think. and its only £74 a year.

if i fish days only no more than 30mins away but if i'm doing a session it's 77miles to cromwell and 77 to linear and 79 to bluebell so either way its£25 in fuel on top of my day tickets :roll:

i do as many sessions i can afford,and the misses and work allows :wink:

i have fished lots of venue's but only fish 1 of these 3 now for last 3 years.