Us girlies can fish too! ***added new pics!!***

laws

Thanks mate , theres alot i want to learn , at the min my rigs are simple but seem to be catchin well but think this year i wanna play about abit more with rigs and rig presentation . And also find some new places to go around brum , warwick and coventry areas :)

Thanks mate , theres alot i want to learn , at the min my rigs are simple but seem to be catchin well but think this year i wanna play about abit more with rigs and rig presentation . And also find some new places to go around brum , warwick and coventry areas :)

Good to see female anglers some nice fish there. You are saying you are wanting to try different rigs if you are catching well on the ones you are using the saying is dont mend what is not broken :wink:

Thanks marty , what i meant was focus on bait presentation etc , we have caught well but have never paid much attention to rig presentation before so wanted to see if i can make it better i suppose . However i do like to keep it simple :)

I have always kept it simple myself there is no point making it to complicated as I have found the complicated rigs can lead to more losses that's my own personal opinion and preference some other anglers may disagree but we all have our own ways of doing things. For example the lake I'm now going onto everyone says not to use particle but why not there is some bream in there but it is possible to fish through them to the carp and I have done so on other waters. Its good to get advice from other anglers but its also good to adapt it to a way of fishing that suits yourself its one big learning curve. You may of came across this scenario yourself where you have found a spot and caught a load of fish and yet the next session you go back nothing yet you was doing nothing different to the last time its just a case you was not on the fish its not you was doing anything wrong the time you will have problems in carp fishing is when you are doubting yourself for not catching. I have done week sessions at a time and only had one bleep on harder waters but did not beat myself up about it just keep at it and it will always pay of in the end.

Wish you a good year ahead

nice to see some more female anglers :) i take my girlfriend out with me sometimes when its sunny since she likes being outdoors but last time i took her, she caught her first ever carp...a 20lb common...bigger than my personal best :shock: i was in a right ol grump for a little bit after that since i have been looking to land my first 20 for months :lol: but she did enjoy her self so i promised to take her in the summer for a few nights lol

• 2 weeks later...