Anyone fallen in the lake or over whilst fishing?

carefulcarping

Has anyone fell into the lake whilst fishing or baiting up without the intention of getting wet?

Or has anybody fallen over whilst fishing, and even possibly snapped Ross or any other tackle?

Just being curious, as the other day on the bank with another carp.com member (penker) the grass was extremely wet and slippy from all the rain, and slightly sloped, and within 5 minutes of being there my foot disappeared from under neath me and I'm on the floor covered in mud, happened last month too. Unfortunately both times my video camera wasn't on.

Also, flicking through Facebook the other day I noticed a picture of Steve Reynard dripping wet, where he had fallen in the lake head first whilst baiting up his swim. God knows how, but nonetheless it's still amusing.

Ross.

Yep stalking, i had a big fish right underneath me and i just couldn't see him properly, so i leant over a big to much and ended up going in the drink, my brother went in while casting, i heard his lead land which was followed by a big splash, as i went round to see what had happened, he was waist deep still holding onto his rod, saying ill never get it that close again im leaving it where it is, :) the best cast he had ever made,

A fortnight ago i had set up my rods did not notice a wet board on the bank edge, next thing i'm in over my head. Up i came spitting and crawled out, it all happened so quickly nobody around so stripped off.Rung every thing out cleaned down with an old towel.Back to car for a change as i have learned that lesson of taking spare clothing.No way was i going to miss my fishing!!!...The fellas at the other end of the lake had a good laugh at my expense when i told them later.And finally i managed to net my cap as it came floating past. :oops::roll:..That was the only thing i caught all day!.

I posted a little while ago when it was sunny and plenty of fish moving about in the weed I thought id get up a tree overhanging the lake and have a proper look with my polaroids! Something happened and I ended up in 3ft of water and 2ft of stinky silt with a bad cut on my arm and head, lucky I didnt knock my self out! Also years ago I took one of my larger mates fishing and he fell in, twice!!! The same day he cut himself on a tin and when I asked how he did he thought hed show me, cut himself again!!! :roll:

I was walking back to the car park carrying all my gear after having a day where I got snagged three times, lost two good sized fish and blanked when I spotted two stunning ladies walking towards me so I gave them a wink and a smile and at that moment my foot went down a hole I twisted my ankle and my chair swung round and cracked me in the shin hard :oops::oops:

I was walking back to the car park carrying all my gear after having a day where I got snagged three times, lost two good sized fish and blanked when I spotted two stunning ladies walking towards me so I gave them a wink and a smile and at that moment my foot went down a hole I twisted my ankle and my chair swung round a cracked me in the shin hard :oops::oops:

Smooth! That's one way to impress a lady!

Interesting one this. Whilst fishing a club lake in the Colne Valley five years ago, I had a nasty fall.

The swim I was in had some steps, the fronts of which had been 'strengthened' with wooden boards. Over the years, they had obviously deteriorated.......

I set off down the steps with the baited rig in my left hand and the rod in my right. Put my right foot on the edge of a step, on a board which promptly crumbled, causing me to keel over. First thoughts were to protect the rod and not have my considerable bodyweight fall on it, so during my descent, I kind of swivelled my torso to the left. The majority of my bodyweight was then absorbed through the point of my right shoulder, immediately rendering the arm useless!

After returning to a vertical position and looking round in embarassment to see who had observed my dive, I checked the rod to make sure it was OK, before putting it back on the rests and then returning to my chair to sit and endure the pain, which I have to say was excruciating.

Off course, you know what's coming next? The other rod rips off and I'm sat there with the indicator screaming, able to do absolutely nothing about it! The guy in the next swim did eventually come and see what was going, but just as he got to the rods, the run stopped

Apologies for the rambling tale, but just so you are aware, my acrobatics left me temporarily unable to raise my right arm above shoulder level and I had to have a series of physiotherapy visits to sort this problem out. Now the damn joint just clicks every time I lift my arm.

I'v never fallen in when fishing but i once jumped in when one of my pole sections rolled down the bank and slid into the pool. I was completely wet apart from my head as it was about 5ft deep, and i only just about managed to grab it, there was no way i was paying 30 quid for a new section lol 8)

I used to fish a stretch of the river Derwent around the back of a factory and on summers days the lads from the factory would eat their sandwiches on the far bank. I was having a blinding session on the stick float one day and at each fish was getting a round of applause from the factory lads. Such was my joy at my new found celebrity (in my own mind I was Bob Nudd for the day) laying on as much flamboyance to my casting and feeding as I could. Well pride comes before a fall and I forgot I was wading on the edge of a ledge. I took one step too far and deposited myself into 4 feet of water in my thigh waders. needless to say that got the biggest round of applause of the day. :lol::lol::lol:

whilst perched on a very steep bank on an old bedchair..i had the legs go allowing me to be fired out of the bivvy in my old army sleeping bag and due to the rubberized bottom I came out like the luge...straight down and straight in......back in the 80s I took to using a mummy bag....no crash zips....came hopping out like a catapillar to a run one night..tripped and dove in (witnessed the funniest one ever on that same trip...involving the old blue fleece thermal suits...some will remember) :wink:

have i fallen in? i got a reputation of falling in on every new water i fished and then some. i could write a book on my 'mishaps'. fishing tri lakes many moons ago, there are 'cat' walks between the islands, and walking around on first turning up (like you do) i followed my mate across one of these walk ways. now, the edges of the walk ways were raised slightly so you could see where you were going but i think we must of had a bit of rain :roll: as i only noticed one edge, the other being under water, left foot forward, followed by my right foot..nothing there...sh*t ...splosh..in i went, much to the amusement of my mate, his dad and all around us. still cant believe i tried to walk on water :oops: one more from my collection, (got so many), fishing hilsea moat one very cold november night way back in the days before bed chairs and bivvys. we used to use the old blue sun loungers and skinny sleeping bags( how hard were we? ) anyway, middle of the night my heron lets out its squawk, i sit up a bit rapid to strike the offending rod and in the blink of an eye, the sun lounger tips up. visualize this, rod in hand, i slide ceremoniously and unstoppably, like a burial at sea, straight in to the moat :oops::lol: dont remember much else about that night apart from the laughter........... want more? :lol:

whilst perched on a very steep bank on an old bedchair..i had the legs go allowing me to be fired out of the bivvy in my old army sleeping bag and due to the rubberized bottom I came out like the luge...straight down and straight in......back in the 80s I took to using a mummy bag....no crash zips....came hopping out like a catapillar to a run one night..tripped and dove in (witnessed the funniest one ever on that same trip...involving the old blue fleece thermal suits...some will remember) :wink:

I have the greatest image of someone looking at your bivvy and you come flying out in your sleeping bag into the drink cant stop laughing :)

Twice once filling my bubble float,head first.

The other time was the first time I use my Warriors,a fish pulled one in :oops:

Luckily the fish got off and my shiny new rod was left with just a couple of foot of the tip showing.Me and some other peeps tried everything to get it back in,to no avail.I thought I am going to have to go in for it.Lowering myself gently in,the water came up to my crown jewels.I thought,this is'nt too bad and took a step forward only to sink down to my nose,yep I had forgotten the shelf that ran round the edge of the lake...

I was out one day trotting worms down a small river after trout.

Got to a great looking pool but the side of the bank was really overgrown, couldn't get a line out.

A nearby tree had a lovely thick overhanging branch that would support my weight, so off I went.

I was shimmying out one handed, rod in the other, when I lost my footing. Instinctivly put my other hand up to save myself, rod went in with a splash followed by me.

Never did manage to find the rod either.

I have fell bedford river not to long ago, was prebaiting some swims with a friend and i was up a tree sitting on a branch dropping pellets in right over the swim when i heard a crack, just had enough time to look at my friend sitting on the bank and swear as the branch gave way.

Also when fishing with my dad last year, he aint exactly a small bloke, as he sat down the back legs of his chair gave way and he fell backwards with his legs in the air, now i couldnt help him straight away as since i was rolling around on the floor in stitch's i accitdently rolled in the lake :oops::lol:

Guest Anonymous

never 'fell' in but my mate did, hilarious was the only word to describe it, my puggie mate tits high in a clear gravel pit with baggy clothes on, the expression on his face was actually priceless, his standard cherpy grin to a full deflated im cold and my testicles are entering my stomach supressed face, are brilliant !!! sure i will be in one day though lol :lol: prob when its mid of january and its minus 7 :?