Shakespeare omni reels

Hi gary, have you personally used the Shakespeare reels? I bought some for my partner and they were dreadful!! Every time the line would pinch under the bail arm! Bin! Ultimate 5000 reels , freespool was pants! Bin, didnt even bother putting them on e. Bay! She now use my old shimano 2500m reel and she loves it!

Shakespeare omni reels

Hi gary, have you personally used the Shakespeare reels? I bought some for my partner and they were dreadful!! Every time the line would pinch under the bail arm! Bin! Ultimate 5000 reels , freespool was pants! Bin, didnt even bother putting them on e. Bay! She now use my old shimano 2500m reel and she loves it!

I haven't no but i know someone who has and he seems to be ok, ive not heard any complaints :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Had S'pere Omni, an Okuma something and Daiwa Regals, I would have to say the Daiwa's were the best by far.

These are the old Regal Z 4550 if I remember correctly (not the new shape/size Regal)

daiwa-regal-4050-brt-reel-s18372-01.jpg

great bit of kit, my father in law still uses his, the free-spool ratchet sound is quite loud (in some respects a good thing as you can do a day session without alarms!) and for small water work I couldn't really fault them (still have a pair as my spares).

Had S'pere Omni, an Okuma something and Daiwa Regals, I would have to say the Daiwa's were the best by far.

These are the old Regal Z 4550 if I remember correctly (not the new shape/size Regal)

daiwa-regal-4050-brt-reel-s18372-01.jpg

great bit of kit, my father in law still uses his, the free-spool ratchet sound is quite loud (in some respects a good thing as you can do a day session without alarms!) and for small water work I couldn't really fault them (still have a pair as my spares).

they look decent enough, i have found i own a pair of small freespools, they are grauvall`s and not very good but might do for what i need