New lens testing (Back to wildlife + women)

As you may know from my thread on "non carp banter", Ive gone and bought myself a new lens.

Went for a walk with my misses with my camera. Location was her choice...... happened to be my regular fishing lake, how thoughtful. :wink::lol:

As it is a zoom lens i assumed it wouldn't focus on close range objects. However, standing no more than 4ft from these creatures, fully zoomed in i was surprised it would focus.

After many attempts at getting the focus right on manual mode without them clearing off, I managed to get a few good ones. :D

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-6.jpg

very lucky to live near a very rare pocket of reds joe...where abouts are you??

Red squirrels? Don't think he was. Only a grey one. loads of them about! :roll:

I live in the Bath area. literally surrounded with countryside. :D

He is a hybrid for CERTAIN.....only asking because you are obviously in a lucky spot :roll:

I didn't realise at the time. Lots of them scurrying about! This particular location is on the Bath Spa Uni grounds. 8)

Cripes Joe wiv that new lens,you can see the wrinkles on a pimple on a fleas left knager :shock:

Haha, almost! Currently fishing. Been trying to get shots of this kingfisher all day! It's just so fast!