Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tsunami125

Carp in Central New Jersey?

Well there is this lake I fish that is really dirty and shallow................ its only 3 feet deep! But its fairly large. Do carp need deep water to grow over 5 punds? However, during the evening there are tons of carp that jump out of the water a lot of them. Ive fished it 4 times for about 2 hours each time and my catch has been mostly around 10 inches with my bigges one around 15 inches. Will there bee 4-10 pounders in this lake? Also has anyone fished mercer county park for carp and where is a productive lake in central nj with big carp in it please respond!

If you are talking about Deal lake, that is the best carp fishing i have found in central jersey.

I have pulled all sizes out of there.

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I want to start fishing for carp. I also live in central NJ I go to Kennedy park in Sayreville, in the big lake by the little red bridge near the basketball courts there are a ton of carp. I mean big boys I tried using berkley powerbait for carp but nothing. Are carp in spawing season because they didn't seem interested in anything except each other. If you can give me some tips on hooks, baits etc. I will really appreciate it. Thanks

Since 1999 I caught 1,217 carp in Central NJ. Largest was 42.5 lbs from the Delaware River. This year I caught a 24 lb common in Carnegie Lake and 17 lb common in the Millstone River. Lately I have been ultralight carping with 4 lb test. I got many more bites than I get with 12 lb test and each fish fights hard for a long time. Some even jumped out of the water. I landed a 30 lb snapping turtle on 4 lb test last week while carping. That's 15 turtles that I caught on corn meal this year. I posted each trip and pics at www.myspace.com/NJ219bands.

Since 1999 I caught 1,217 carp in Central NJ. Largest was 42.5 lbs from the Delaware River. This year I caught a 24 lb common in Carnegie Lake and 17 lb common in the Millstone River. Lately I have been ultralight carping with 4 lb test. I got many more bites than I get with 12 lb test and each fish fights hard for a long time. Some even jumped out of the water. I landed a 30 lb snapping turtle on 4 lb test last week while carping. That's 15 turtles that I caught on corn meal this year. I posted each trip and pics at www.myspace.com/NJ219bands.

you have been by far the best help ive seen. me and my friend stated carp fishing this summer. we go once a week using corn meal and corn kernals. so far weve caught a 1 lb, 4 lb, 9 lb, 12 lb and 15 lb. We fish carnegie and we also ultra light with 4 and 6 lb line... its a blast... how are you fishing the corn meal ... and what is the recipe if you dont mind sharing because mine doesnt seem the most effective.

If you are talking about Deal lake, that is the best carp fishing i have found in central jersey.

my friend brother and i are heading to deal lake and then kenedy park next week..... what baits styles or tips can you offer for deal lake? thanks :D

nj219bands you have been such a help to me...cause i am fishing the same lake and methods.Especcialy on carnegie lake.where do u fish on the lake because i have been recently fishing where the canal cuts through the lake...we call it crappie bridge because of the huge population

Thanks in advance :D

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I want to start fishing for carp. I also live in central NJ I go to Kennedy park in Sayreville, in the big lake by the little red bridge near the basketball courts there are a ton of carp. I mean big boys I tried using berkley powerbait for carp but nothing. Are carp in spawing season because they didn't seem interested in anything except each other. If you can give me some tips on hooks, baits etc. I will really appreciate it. Thanks

you should go out with sweet corn corn meal and wheaties.. iv only been using wheaties on last resort but wheaties and corn will help a chum slick.. then use like a size four hook with some corn.. or corn meal.. and next week my friends and i are heading up to kenedey park ... if we do good im thanking you :) .. is it in the vicinity of the skate park? ... if you could let me know the location i mate even be able to help you out there next week... please comment under this or bpotts cuz thts who i fish with

Well there is this lake I fish that is really dirty and shallow................ its only 3 feet deep! But its fairly large. Do carp need deep water to grow over 5 punds? However, during the evening there are tons of carp that jump out of the water a lot of them. Ive fished it 4 times for about 2 hours each time and my catch has been mostly around 10 inches with my bigges one around 15 inches. Will there bee 4-10 pounders in this lake? Also has anyone fished mercer county park for carp and where is a productive lake in central nj with big carp in it please respond!

Today i fished deal lake and it was the biggest disapointment in my intire life!!! Ive never been to Asbury park but i wont be going back anytime soon...

these r my reasons...

1. Garbage out numbers fish and water

2. dead ducks and crows polute the shores

3. 4 inches on water visability

4. hobos litter the shores and parks

5. multiple incounters with men with less then 6 teeth(my mother saved me)

6. IF YOU CATCH A FISH the geese, ducks, hobos and landscapers all over you to eat it

7. speeding trains spooke fish

8. water depth is always under 4 feet

9. cant land fish with out long next

10. annoying kids heckle you as u foel hook a very large tree branch

11. almost got a penn spinfisher stolen

12. was eye candy to a man only wearing shorty shorts

13. not worth the ride or RISKING YOUR LIFE

hey everyone haven't been on in a long time lol. I'm going to start fishing again this year and will continue to try for carp. Last time I went fishing was in '07 and my biggest carp was 6lbs 14oz. in Kennedy park. If any of you guys from the area would like to set something up PM me. Good luck.

guys havent been here in a while !!!

kenedy park is in sayerville? the red bridge?

i hear this place alot id realy like to try it out i want a carp over 15 pounds

let me no wen our central jersey caro fishing heats up! :D

hi - I'm from the UK recently moved to NJ seeking out a decent carp fishing location. these threads are old but worth a true to see if anyone is still reading and can give some advice. I see Deal Lake sounds like a mess so I've taken that off my list :)