Poachers

luvtofish

Hi, dont know if im doing this right, but just wanted to let you all know about the poachers in leicestershire. I watched an I talian family for weeks at Knaptoft medieval ponds, they would fish and put carp into a box! i told the farmer and he almost ignored what i said! he just wanted the money! hence i no longer go simply because there are no more fish! seriously, no fish! i put a fish finder out last year and saw one! These poachers have got to be stopped! Anyway, this is the best bit. I followed this family home after a non productive session. Guess what? they run a fish and chip shop in Beaumont Leys!!!!! So if you live in B.L. Be careful what you eat. :evil:

Its good that youve bought this to people attensions but why wait weeks to report them? First time you should have noted details and rang the ea? if the owner is not prepared to do anything about it, he simply is a moron as he soon wont have a lake to (attempt) to run! Out of interest how do you know their italian?

Your bit about watching them for weeks taking fish then noticing that the fish have gone, what did you expect? :roll:

How do i know they are Italian, well, my mate and myself confronted them! they soon let you know where they are from! i did contact the fisheries agency, to which i had no reply. I gave their camper van reg number and all details, dates etc. But apparently the courts cannot do anything!? I am amazed! I think, what i am trying to say is. The Eastern europeans have got to be stopped! they think its ok to get free food from our lakes! the law is an ass when it comes to things like this. I am one man, and greatly infuriated at these foreiners taking my sport from me! the Law needs to change!But to do that we as anglers need to stop them on site! Am i wrong?

I sincerly hope you dont find a horse head in your bed
yeah that would be just the thing, lol. But hey, at the end of the day these are our waters not theirs, and this spoils my leisure. If we did half the things we did in their countries they would soon let us know! trust this as i know, as i had a house in Bulgaria for four years!and you cannot do what you do in England in their country! I'm sick of it! Look, all im saying is, we as English have to stop europeans poaching! As for finding a horse head in my bed? well thats better than the wife! lol

Edited for swearing nw

I sincerly hope you dont find a horse head in your bed
yeah that would be just the thing, lol. But hey, at the end of the day these are our waters not theirs, and this spoils my leisure. If we did half the things we did in their countries they would soon let us know! trust this as i know, as i had a house in Bulgaria for four years!and you cannot do what you do in England in their country! sick of it! Look, all im saying is, we as English have to stop europeans poaching! As for finding a horse head in my bed? well thats better than the wife! lol

That made me laugh mate :lol:

Truth is guys, it is written in law that with a fishing licence you are allowed to take fish for the table, 2 fish of differing species I believe. When you ring up and try to have them prosecuted you will get nowhere as you cannot prosecute when no crime has been committed.

Until there is a change in the law this will continue and we will not have a leg to stand on.

Truth is guys, it is written in law that with a fishing licence you are allowed to take fish for the table, 2 fish of differing species I believe. When you ring up and try to have them prosecuted you will get nowhere as you cannot prosecute when no crime has been committed.

Until there is a change in the law this will continue and we will not have a leg to stand on.

That is correct but i always thought that was only on rivers and canals, not privately owned lakes because the fish are property of the owner?

Is it just me or is there a touch of xenophobia in the OP? We as anglers need to be vigilant of poachers - there some British ones as well as those pesky Eastern Europeans. From Rome.

TBH it all sounds a bit implausible. Italian poachers, carp served up with chips, to the unsuspecting inhabitants of Beaumont Leys? I'm surprised the Daily Mail aren't beating your door down for the scoop as I type

Clearly you were outraged. Did that come after the fifth or sixth time time you watched it happen?

Also regrding wether they are italian or not, i dont think this is important, but Europeans seem to think you fish to eat! they either need educating or locking up! I had a call from our chairman at LCAC he tells me one of our lakes have been completely emptied! Now i ask is this right? As for watching these people rather than tackling them. I am one man of 60 years, what chance would i stand?

Just re education, unless they know they are breaking the law and still persue to fish. Carp were indeed brought into this country as a food source to start with, so we are just as guilty of doing the very same thing in the past. Of course now because they are such prizes we all jump at the first sign of europeans angling for them. Sometimes they don't understand why its wrong as they still fish for food in their own countries, so i would suggest re educating, and then shooting :lol::lol:

I eat what I catch, usually bass, bream and mackerel these days, but I've enjoyed trout and salmon in the past. I've also eaten carp on a few occasions, at restaurants, in England and I know of at least two carp farms in the UK where they are bred for food.

I've said it before, I can see carp fisheries cropping up in the future and being run on a similar basis to trout fisheries i.e. a day ticket permits the taking off two or three fish for the table - for those so inclined. It might even help reduce poaching.

• 2 weeks later...