Bargain Bivvy Browsing

Can anyone help!! :roll:

I don't have a lot of money but want to get a proper night shelter. I've done a night in/under my day shelter but I could do with something more substantial.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for good value for money bivvies? Sites to use? Makes of bivvy etc.

cheers

What's your limit?

His field of vision. It's all that hair...............

Joe, it's got to be Ebay, look at used but good quality stuff. If you want to fish all year round have a look at the JRC STi Twinskin. Well made and popular so they come up frequently. Warm when needed, well vented so no condensation issues.

Alternatively, a decent brolly system would suit. Ideally, one with a total enclosure facility, where you can choose wether or not to deploy the front panel. Trakker, JRC and several others offer these.

Ian

The Chub S Plus is pretty good. I got one for day sessions since my main bivvy is too much of a beast to cart along 'in case it rains'. A few of those day sessions have turned into overnighters and it's done just fine. I wouldn't want to spend a week in it, but for the odd 24/48 hour session it doesn't want for anything.

Got mine for £85.

P.

Hi I have the contact bivvy one man with winter wrap paid 100 both brought off flea bay but from separate sellers. The bivvy was used skin new. For the price excellent I'm. 6 foot plus and have loads room. Only downside is the winter skin does not include a door part. (if you know what I mean )

i picked up a jrc stealth 10000 brolly system for £50 on flea bay

perfect. just needed reproofing

I only nightfish spring to late autumn and my stealth brolly is spot on for the job .......Dont know if i,d fancy the depths of winter with it but at Cromwell it went down to -4 on one of the nights and coped well :wink:

i picked up a jrc stealth 10000 brolly system for £50 on flea bay

perfect. just needed reproofing

I only nightfish spring to late autumn and my stealth brolly is spot on for the job .......Dont know if i,d fancy the depths of winter with it but at Cromwell it went down to -4 on one of the nights and coped well :wink:

same system as my old chub reflex brolly...good enough in the depths of winter if you get hold of an aqua cotton liner for the ribs mate....proper toasty and no condensation...although I dont do winter carping over here either now....stuff that for a laugh.

Hi there Useph,

I bought the jrc one man contact for this season and even tho work has stopped me getting on the bank i have used the bivvy a couple of times at the start of the year. It cost me 100 sheets and its bang on. Very quick to erect and very spacious for a one man. Its spot on in my opinion.

Sisco

go on www.ultimate-direct.co.uk and look at the vision range

I went for the Quick-Rib :D It was the cheapest but looks perfect for what I wanted. Quick overnighters. :D Cheers.

Thanks for all the suggestions though guys. Had a look at all of them. :)