Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
levigsp

British carp, is the future is rosy?

Hi all, on another thread some people were asking if certain nice looking fish were being bred in the UK.

Well I thought I would post a selection of fish from different breeders and show all that the future of carp fishing is looking rosy, or certainly on the carp breeding stakes anyway.

tb_21.jpg

One type of leneys.

thumb_Sutton3_C5_2.jpg

thumb_Sutton3_C5_1.jpg

Suttons from another breeder.

g3.jpg

Another breeder.

g21.jpg

Yet another.

555662_479314648747425_1481895780_n.jpg

480460_479317098747180_1934059982_n.jpg

A couple of my babies.

20120618203514-85_227_252_181.jpg

427369_10151330557508266_1216977132_n.jpg

182114_10151331242578266_2044581435_n.jpg

318724_10151330507858266_1382144115_n.jpg

These fish are from a new enterprise by a dreamer, who makes his dreams come true,CWA fisheries, Caversham long lake.

185863_10151331411493266_1843107154_n.jpg

396846_10151331411333266_1363552742_n.jpg

603529_10151331411758266_1349565472_n.jpg

These fish are being grown on for CWA.

leathermale.jpg

leatherfemale.jpg

leathertorpedo.jpg

Could these be the future Heathers, they have the genetics to live 70+ years.

I would say, providing they keep things like otters, diseases and cormorants at bay, the future should be very rosy indeed

I like this! I was having a conversation with an angling buddy whilst at my syndy the other week, and this was a big part of the chat. Are our waters thinking of the future fish, or just about the present? I think this was discussed on the forum not so long ago, but I'd be interested to hear from people on here regarding their home waters and what is being done.

Those CWA fish look the business. Wouldn't mind contact details for them. I said about breeders in the previous thread to hopefully uncover a few places who are producing special fish for a project of mine. I could see these fish swimming about the old and mature 30acre gravel pit I have acquired recently. :lol:

fantastic little fish there, especially the linear completely covered in tiny scales - never seen that before.

My current fishery has a good stocking programme, all nice UK fish and achieving steady growth, the big uns dont last forever.

A lot of UK breeders seem to be achieving nice scaley fish so I'd say that the future looks good - I hope these fish are favoured by most over the super growth rate, short lived varieties.

Those CWA fish look the business. Wouldn't mind contact details for them. I said about breeders in the previous thread to hopefully uncover a few places who are producing special fish for a project of mine. I could see these fish swimming about the old and mature 30acre gravel pit I have acquired recently. :lol:
If you genuinely require fish PM me and I will send you the details of the three places that supplied Alan with fish.

A couple more that have grown on, to give you an idea.

531448_4008648221941_2006820098_n.jpg

427026_412152908821864_370489303_n.jpg

Coops I seem to remember you coming from the east mids? Some of these carp were stocked into a couple of lakes in Northamptonshire, near Stamford.

Frank that linear that wez is holding I have done photos for a couple of times this year. Watched that fish grow on from low 20s to upper 20s and is one of the nicest linears in the country.

We have some cracking fish around me, especially the linears. One up the road has gone from 20s to over 40lb in the last couple of years and a very private water has a superb linear no more than 3 miles from my front door which last year was caught by a friend at well over 40lb..... :wink:

The Linear looks like a Leney, Perfection!

May look like one but it isnt, the farm that produced it produces some of the finest liniers in the country, they not only look good but grow well.

Frank that linear that wez is holding I have done photos for a couple of times this year. Watched that fish grow on from low 20s to upper 20s and is one of the nicest linears in the country.

We have some cracking fish around me, especially the linears. One up the road has gone from 20s to over 40lb in the last couple of years and a very private water has a superb linear no more than 3 miles from my front door which last year was caught by a friend at well over 40lb..... :wink:

I suppose we can't see pictures of the 40lb Linear can we? :wink:

I said I thought you were from the EMs :wink: some fantastic fish round that area.

I think it will be the CV of the future.

I'd look forwards to that Frank- The East Midlands has been possibly one of the most devoid areas of decent carp waters. There's quite a few coming through now- but it has been very dire in this area.

Some of the lakes I've had to fish through the years wouldn't even get looked at 'down south'.

A problem we have at the moment is there alot of anglers who put weight first and looks second so due to demand fisheries are stocking there lakes with WRONGUNS all the time. They dont want to wait years for a fish to grow they want a 40 next year and looks dont matter just look at the amount of waters polluted with simmos!

Take syndicate i was on some years ago now Patshall Park Church pool a water full of history and heritage then what do they do stock simmos absolute sacralige.

Wouldnt even walk around the place now as it would spoil the memeries i have of it.

Some of the fish in them pics show what can be acheived with some patiants.

As I said on FB Frank...stunning..proper ones...Chris Manifold was breeding some stunning fish with good lineage and amazing scatter scale patterns...wether he still is Im not sure..... will definately take you up on the offer and come and have a look...trying to fit a trip to Tain in before I go back to portugal..if not it will be spring...in which case I can fetch you a slab of black pork back over :wink::lol:

Del

As I said on FB Frank...stunning..proper ones...Chris Manifold was breeding some stunning fish with good lineage and amazing scatter scale patterns...wether he still is Im not sure..... will definately take you up on the offer and come and have a look...trying to fit a trip to Tain in before I go back to portugal..if not it will be spring...in which case I can fetch you a slab of black pork back over :wink::lol:

Del

Come up in spring as I get married in a couple of week and then will be in europe for a couple of months.

I MIGHT arrange a bit of a social next year , for some of the old uns on here, fishing a private water for old style carp, what do you think?

That sounds like a cracking idea ..old school methods too??..love the idea of that one....dont get enough time on my centrepin thesedays :wink:

Will definately get you a nice chunk of pata negra now :lol:

That sounds like a cracking idea ..old school methods too??..love the idea of that one....dont get enough time on my centrepin thesedays :wink:

Will definately get you a nice chunk of pata negra now :lol:

Those fish look light proper beauties :D

It makes you wonder why there is the need to go abroad for stock, legal or illegal?

Was just looking at my Centrepin thinking it needed an outing :wink::lol:8)

Which one? One I can pm you to have a look if you like. :lol: Still tickets available for the lake too. :lol:

Which one? One I can pm you to have a look if you like. :lol: Still tickets available for the lake too. :lol:

A PM would be greatly appreciated thankyou :)