Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
travisbickle

as you get older you learn to appreciate

the simpler things in life??....these two had it right way back in the early days...let alone when this was filmed....incidently...when this was filmed...I was working as head chef at paris house woburn...and enjoyed a damn fine evenings guesty on one of the lakes and was listening to dire straits playing live in woburn abbey grounds....stunning.........winter carp....behave....this is what winter is about...this...and shooting...with a hip flask of damn fine sloe gin!!

Its a shame more fishing programmes don't catch the real atmosphere of angling, mind you Catching the impossible came close, both great watches.

the simpler things in life??....these two had it right way back in the early days...let alone when this was filmed....incidently...when this was filmed...I was working as head chef at paris house woburn...and enjoyed a damn fine evenings guesty on one of the lakes and was listening to dire straits playing live in woburn abbey grounds....stunning.........winter carp....behave....this is what winter is about...this...and shooting...with a hip flask of damn fine sloe gin!!

Your sentiments are right, the filming was great and I could not agree with you more.

Incidently, we must have fished the same waters :wink:

Your sentiments are right, the filming was great and I could not agree with you more.

...and very nice they are too...especially the one that is shrouded with mature trees and shrubs/bushes and borders the road through the deer park...some very interesting specimens in there :wink:

Just sat here with my boy and watched it. You know it's good when a 16month old is silent and Sitting here pointing at the screen watching the carp browse over the weed. I think we will have another angler in a couple of years.

...and very nice they are too...especially the one that is shrouded with mature trees and shrubs/bushes and borders the road through the deer park...some very interesting specimens in there :wink:

I live 5 minutes down the road from here, and have often driven past wondering what's in there. I hear big carp and cats, and that the ticket requires in interview with the duke in order to become 1 of 10 members...one day!

I live 5 minutes down the road from here, and have often driven past wondering what's in there. I hear big carp and cats, and that the ticket requires in interview with the duke in order to become 1 of 10 members...one day!

Some of the waters are on ticket so to speek, some are not.

The ones which are not have only ever been fished by a couple of persons by special invite.

The waters on the Dukes estate have some very intersting specimens and one is so overgrown with lilies it can only be fished in the dead of hard winters, when the lillies have died back.

Im going back to 95/96...and I think I know the water youre on about frank....same side of the road...way back beyond the abbey?? :wink: ...oh to have been invited :lol: .....I remember KM was trying to get on to the pool by the road and was blanked straight away.

Im going back to 95/96...and I think I know the water youre on about frank....same side of the road...way back beyond the abbey?? :wink: ...oh to have been invited :lol: .....I remember KM was trying to get on to the pool by the road and was blanked straight away.

you have pm, enjoy :wink:

A very special area then!
you could say :wink:

received it Frank...yes...VERY familiar...big..thickset...excellent memories :wink:

I remember watching this, it was the first time id watched a passion for angling, i thought whats this?, so i turned it over and was mesmerised throughout, felt so chilled afterwards :wink: