Merrington 2013 Charity Social (updated 7/3/2013)

Right fella's Jez is supplying the meat from an award winning butcher. Which will include 1 small rump steak, 2 pork steaks, 2 burgers, 2 sausages and a chicken breast steak, all for a fiver a head. Jez is throwing in the sauces, bread rolls and some black pudding. I just need a head count to see who is bring their missus or not, so i can get this lot paid for. You can all put the fiver into the account you have paid the social with, thanks boys i can't wait for this :)

sound mate will send some money across .... Also can you email me the authenticity forms for the rigs will hopefully all be sorted next week some time .

On another note we are cutting it a bit fine in regards to kate making the trophy... as you still haven't come down to talk designs "where does the time go eh "

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Phil's missus Kate is making the trophy, its going to be called the MSJ Charity Carp Trophy. The MSJ are Matthews initials, he is the reason this has all started, so he had to be included. The idea is, is the will be a number of plaques running around the side of the base, as i would like to run these charity socials every two years. I would like to award the trophy to the most outstanding man/woman of the social, and get their name engraved on to one of these plaques, the winner gets to keep the trophy until the next social, so on and so on. The only thing i would ask is, if anything happens to me, so i can no longer run these socials, when the two years are up, could the winner return the trophy to Chrissie. While on the subject of the social i would like to take a minute or two while we are at the social just to remember why we are there, if thats ok with everyone.

Thanks Boys

I can't wait this trip will be my birthday treat to myself and I am getting proper excited already I am looking forward to putting faces to names and having a laugh/drink with you all and will probably drive all my family nuts when its only a few days to go :lol:

and also help raise money for a good cause of course.

I can't wait this trip will be my birthday treat to myself and I am getting proper excited already I am looking forward to putting faces to names and having a laugh/drink with you all and will probably drive all my family nuts when its only a few days to go :lol:

and also help raise money for a good cause of course.

Look forward too meeting you 8)

• 4 weeks later...
Just done a 48hr on merrington for the first time and its fishing well..

Me and a mate had a 13lb, x2 16lb, x5 20's to 27lb.

Unfortunately I'm unable to get any time off for the social, but I'm back there for another 48hr from the 31st.

All the best anyway fellas.. Tightlines

Sounds like you had a great time, can you tell us about your tactics and bait :wink:

• 2 weeks later...