Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Loaded my car at 5-15 got work and realized I forgot my boilies so got to pop back home for them :twisted:

Finish work at 10 tho :wink:

What time you arriving Keith?

Haha your getting good at that! Didn't you leave your boilies at home when you went to Cuttle Mill?

Yes mate and it cost me£20 in taxi fair to get them but fortunately this time it's only 5mins out of way from barston so not a major cock up

Loaded my car at 5-15 got work and realized I forgot my boilies so got to pop back home for them :twisted:

Haha your getting good at that! Didn't you leave your boilies at home when you went to Cuttle Mill?

Yes mate and it cost me£20 in taxi fair to get them but fortunately this time it's only 5mins out of way from barston so not a major cock up

Yeah! Not to much of a diversion, although last time you did it you obviously started fishing later than everyone else, but also caught better than everyone else!

Yeah! Not to much of a diversion, although last time you did it you obviously started fishing later than everyone else, but also caught better than everyone else!

Ross this guy is a genius, only met him once but I think he could catch fish from a puddle :lol:

Ross this guy is a genius, only met him once but I think he could catch fish from a puddle :lol:

I'm still yet to meet him, although we live reasonably close.

But the stories I've heard and read, he is a master.

I would not be surprised if he catches one of the rumored 30's that Barston apparently have.

I'm still yet to meet him, although we live reasonably close.

But the stories I've heard and read, he is a master.

I would not be surprised if he catches one of the rumored 30's that Barston apparently have.

Well as Cob says are there any 30,s in there? If there are Mick will find them you watch. :wink:

Ross- do you have any feel for if the rumours of twenties/ thirties are true in there?

I believe (from the little I know of the place) that the twentys do feature- but I've never seen a picture of a thirty.

I've being one the bank when 1 20 came out, he shown me the picture and looked a definite 20, he told me 24lb and looked every ounce 24lb... I've spoke to the bailiff who goes round and I asked him about a 30 and he said he's being doing the job a long time and biggest he seen on the bank was 27lb.

I don't believe there are any 30's in there.

When I decided I was able to attend the social I had arranged for my Son to cover for me and keep my garage open and do the work booked in.He has just phoned to say he can't help me,not prepared to go in to the reasons, so it means I can't turn up today or tomorrow morning. However, if I can do and finish the work I might be able to turn up Fri late afternoon.I am gutted, was hoping to get there late afternoon today.Everything is in the car ready, gear, food,bait, full tank of fuel. If I can't get there hope you all have a great time.

Neil, pm me your paypal addy and I'll sort you out.

Ross- do you have any feel for if the rumours of twenties/ thirties are true in there?

I believe (from the little I know of the place) that the twentys do feature- but I've never seen a picture of a thirty.

I've being one the bank when 1 20 came out, he shown me the picture and looked a definite 20, he told me 24lb and looked every ounce 24lb... I've spoke to the bailiff who goes round and I asked him about a 30 and he said he's being doing the job a long time and biggest he seen on the bank was 27lb.

I concur.

While I've not had a 20 from Barston myself I have had a few 19's that will be 20+ by now, and I've seen a couple of low 20's on the bank (and witnessed the weighing).

I'd bet heavily against there being 30's.

Most of the fish caught this weekend will be high singles to mid-doubles - that's the way it normally goes, unless you're using small baits......

Will I need the barrow or can I park by my peg unload then park the car up ???

I'm in 113 I think

As other Ross said, drop your kit off then park your car up... and your in peg 115 :wink:

carefulcarping wrote:

cobleyn wrote:

I concur.

While I've not had a 20 from Barston myself I have had a few 19's that will be 20+ by now, and I've seen a couple of low 20's on the bank (and witnessed the weighing).

I'd bet heavily against there being 30's.

Most of the fish caught this weekend will be high singles to mid-doubles - that's the way it normally goes, unless you're using small baits......

A lad who cleans my parents car who dosnt fish often at all claims he had a 30 out of there, but did'nt take out any pictures, so I do not believe he had a 30.

Ive looked all over the internet a while back to see about a 30 in there, not ever seen 1 picture of a 30, and everyone ive spoke to have said they havnt seen one banked neither.

Ive only had the carp upto 16lb 4oz from there, but reackon theres a couple of 20's swimming about as we have both seen.