How much tackle is too much tackle to take to the bank?

carpdawe

Ok so what I am looking for is how much tackle is too much or just enough to take with you for a two day session?

How many take just the basics and how many take the full Monty so to speak

I know a few guys who take as much gear as fit in there car and others who go minimal

don't know who catches the most though what's your thoughts?

If it doest fit on my back in one easy to carry load...it stays at home...the more you take...the less likely you are to move once you arrive in a peg...and in some cases this means away from the fish..Im happy to pack up and move a long distance in the middle of the night to get back onto fish...simply because it isnt a maul.....when I used my barrow and was loaded right up...this was highly unlikely to happen with two full barrow loads of gear

when i go carping, i can carry all my stuff round one trip for a day session, okay its bit uncomfortable but once i start walking its fine. For overnighters or longer, i use a barrow and its usually 1 trip or two if a mate is with me.

Rod Holdal, large rucksack, chair/or bedchair, sleeping bag, carryall with stove, food/water ect in. bucket with bait.

If im on the river/canal or a lake fishing for silver fish then im very mobile and have very little stuff with me. Small Seatbox(contains lures, spare reel, floats, weights, feeders ect. line and flask and lunch box :lol: ) tend to just take a small holdal with brolly, net, bank sticks and a few rods and poles in unless im on the river or canal when i only take a rod, bank stick and net. Unhooking straps onto the side and i take a small bucket with a selection of bait. Very light and mobile

:D

Overnighter/2/3 night =

Sling:- rods, net, weigh sling, brolly

Ruck:- f-box, lead pouch, pva pouch, small banksticks, buzzers, popup pouch, brewkit, rolled up water proofs, headtorch etc, food, camera.

Bed - with bag attached

Matt

Buckets of bait - to suit (try to do most of the baiting up before hand)

Water

Items that stay in the car - spare clothes (habbit of sharting), water, back up bait, floater bucket (nothing to do with spare clothes), waders (needed for certain swims)

• 2 weeks later...
1 trip with enough gear and food for a week, and I'm not struggling, or using a barrow :!:

Rod Sling/Holdall, rucksack, tackle box and bedchair

Mind you, with bucket of bait to feed off crayfish, a barrow may be a useful addition :shock:

As alot of the answers above..... Assess the situation, how long you intend to go for equals how much goes on your barrow or on how much you take but what ever the situation one trip is enough. All the essentials to keep you warm and motivated and of course all the tackle to see you threw the session. :D