Carp Fishing Evolution

garysj01

It's currently a bit trendy to be a carp angler with shiny gear. It'll die down like any fad does, and with it will go the puddles as they won't be making the cash to stay open. Popular 'carp' shows on tv will get old and stale and the boys on tv will stop being people's idols)

The few fad anglers left, will be left with no choice but to move into harder waters and they'll either up their game or get bored and quit.

Circle of life.

There be new shows new idols and new puddles the circle of marketing! oh yea and the new whiter than white wonder rigs and bait! :roll:

Interesting! Do you think we'll ever reach a point where we can actually use something that affects the carps brain and MAKE it eat your bait/rig?

At this point, due to people being so bored with catching everything in a lake in 5 hours, will there be a huge carp devolution movemt where people go back to using sweetcorn straight on the hook despite the existence of advanced chemistry?

Who knows!?

There be new shows new idols and new puddles the circle of marketing! oh yea and the new whiter than white wonder rigs and bait! :roll:

Interesting! Do you think we'll ever reach a point where we can actually use something that affects the carps brain and MAKE it eat your bait/rig?

At this point, due to people being so bored with catching everything in a lake in 5 hours, will there be a huge carp devolution movemt where people go back to using sweetcorn straight on the hook despite the existence of advanced chemistry?

Who knows!?

I hope not as that would be mind control not fishing. As for sweet corn strait on the hook thats still a deadly method that i use all the time!

It's currently a bit trendy to be a carp angler with shiny gear. It'll die down like any fad does, and with it will go the puddles as they won't be making the cash to stay open. Popular 'carp' shows on tv will get old and stale and the boys on tv will stop being people's idols)

The few fad anglers left, will be left with no choice but to move into harder waters and they'll either up their game or get bored and quit.

Circle of life.

Can't see this happening. There are loads of new anglers coming through and I don't see why they won't continue to do so. People like catching fish so will go to places where they can catch fish - that won't change.

Circle of life.

Can't see this happening. There are loads of new anglers coming through and I don't see why they won't continue to do so. People like catching fish so will go to places where they can catch fish - that won't change.

Probably correct. I actually disagree with myself :P

Circle of life.

Agreed! I hope fishing doesnt change to much in the future but i think commercials will dominate all fishing in the future. I was thinking the other day how long before theres lakes ware you scan fish with your i phone and you get info such as the fishes name, last time it was caught, previous weight when it was stocked the fishes entire historywith a click of a button. It could be done now fairly easily im sure. A horrible thought but i think it will happen with in next 5 or ten years.

I also think there could be in door fisheries im suprised it hasnt been done already. I soppose it would keep the cormarants and otters out! :lol:

Circle of life.

Agreed! I hope fishing doesnt change to much in the future but i think commercials will dominate all fishing in the future. I was thinking the other day how long before theres lakes ware you scan fish with your i phone and you get info such as the fishes name, last time it was caught, previous weight when it was stocked the fishes entire historywith a click of a button. It could be done now fairly easily im sure. A horrible thought but i think it will happen with in next 5 or ten years.

I also think there could be in door fisheries im suprised it hasnt been done already. I soppose it would keep the cormarants and otters out! :lol:

I think somebody did open an indoor fishery in the late 90,s as a match pool ......

Don't think it ever took off

There was a place in Wigan that installed floodlights and stayed open till 9 in the winter to keep the punters coming in :roll:

I think the tackle trade had reached a point where very little can be called new and innovative, a few years ago everything seemed to get made or re vamped, the same with boilies, i don't think there will be any turning points for a while yet.

I'm probably going to be in a minority here but why does every post end up being a moan about new anglers and shiny gear.

If that's not your cup of tea then fair enough but if it makes these people happy and more confident then leave them to it.

They might try their hand at a hard water and give up after 2 sessions leaving it to you "proper anglers" to gloat and slap each other on the back.

If it bothers you that much go and play golf.

By stating our opinions we are not trying to stop anyone fishing in anyway, it's up to them how they choose to fish. And there's nothing wrong with good quality gear, it's when an angler focuses so much on the look of their setup that the performance of it is reduced (eg folding reel handles) that it just seems illogical. It is however a fact that an increase in highly stocked commercial style waters has made it easier for the average angler to go out and catch himself a carp. I have nothing against peeps fishing these lakes, why should I? They're just normally not for me.

That's my point.

There is plenty of posts on here slating this and that. Gary posed what I thought was a good question and got me thinking.

Some posts on here didn't even attempt to answer the question.

I'm probably going to be in a minority here but why does every post end up being a moan about new anglers and shiny gear.

If that's not your cup of tea then fair enough but if it makes these people happy and more confident then leave them to it.

They might try their hand at a hard water and give up after 2 sessions leaving it to you "proper anglers" to gloat and slap each other on the back.

By stating our opinions we are not trying to stop anyone fishing in anyway, it's up to them how they choose to fish. And there's nothing wrong with good quality gear, it's when an angler focuses so much on the look of their setup that the performance of it is reduced (eg folding reel handles) that it just seems illogical. It is however a fact that an increase in highly stocked commercial style waters has made it easier for the average angler to go out and catch himself a carp. I have nothing against peeps fishing these lakes, why should I? They're just normally not for me.

That's my point.

There is plenty of posts on here slating this and that. Gary posed what I thought was a good question and got me thinking.

:lol::lol::lol: so would that include your posts aswell ross :wink::D:D:lol:

That's my point.

:lol::lol::lol: so would that include your posts aswell ross :wink::D:D:lol:

Without a doubt mate, I'm nothing if not hypocritical. :P