Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
kamzter

DO YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN OR WITH A MATE?

I think you guys and gals have a crude mind in the fact that I mean fishing and not anything else you might of been thinking of. :oops::shock:

But I can guess there will be a lot of interests in reading this thinking I meant something else. (sorry mods, better luck next time!!) :lol::wink:

Back to the subject in hand: I always fish with mates of mine as it is easier for assistance in landing, handling and pics etc. 8)

always have to take someone fishing if im goin for more than 24hrs just coz i need the company and its boring havin a summer evening drink on ur own.

if its a day though ill happily go on my own.

I go alone, i feel i can fish better cos im more focused.

same ere :D

go with mates for a day or 24hr but not any longer

i find it distracts me from what im there for

the longest ivdone is 72hrs on my own and really felt id tune in to the lake by the time i left ,i never got bored ,just watch the water or put the kettle on again :D

where if i was with a mate i would of talk about loads of stuff not to do with fishing ,and have hot debates about fishing all which is better done in the pub

I fish a club water and don't necessarily set out to fish with someone.....but as I know many of the regulars, I can always find someone to chew the fat with or have a bevy or 5.
i personally prefer to fish with somebody as i fish a syndicate lake and am forever getting told stories about panthers roaming round.......kinda scares you up...lol. :lol::lol::lol:

I fish a club water and don't necessarily set out to fish with someone.....but as I know many of the regulars, I can always find someone to chew the fat with or have a bevy or 5.
i personally prefer to fish with somebody as i fish a syndicate lake and am forever getting told stories about panthers roaming round.......kinda [censored] you up...lol. :lol::lol::lol:

a big pussy is nothing to fear :wink:

i personally prefer to fish with somebody as i fish a syndicate lake and am forever getting told stories about panthers roaming round.......kinda [censored] you up...lol. :lol::lol::lol:

a big pussy is nothing to fear :wink:

you wanna see whats knockin bout stafford town then...lol...... :lol::lol:

I definetly fish better alone. Its a concentration thing. When with a mate/mates i'll always describe it as a social rather than a serious session. As Beanz says you always end up talking some BS thats best left for the pub :lol:

i do tend to go fishing alone most of the time, but i do know a couple of lads who come along with me sometimes. a couple of days social in the summer can be grand, but at the same time i do enjoy the peace n quiet (and lesser liver damage!) of going on my own

Most of my Fishing is done on my own, more because I don't like crowded waters and the Guy who I used to fish with can't fish the same times as me, and wasn't ready to move onto the Reservoir.

I don't have a problem netting or photographing fish on my own.

There are times when I like a Social session though, and for that we choose a water that we could both fish, even if it was a Day Ticket job.

Mind you saying that, Bruce has decided that the crowds on his water are getting to him and he is ready for the Long Walks that go with Fishing on 167acres, and he wants me to sort his bait out again :wink::lol:

The point about Liver Damage of fishing with someone, thats the only time I drink on the Bank. We just sit down with the Ciggies and a couple of beers each, very relaxing and talk the World to rights til very late. Even with friends, there are very few people I trust with a Landing Net to net my fish, and Bruce is the same.

Most of my Fishing is done on my own, more because I don't like crowded waters and the Guy who I used to fish with can't fish the same times as me, and wasn't ready to move onto the Reservoir.

Nick do you fish a reservoir as your local and if so do find it any different in catch rate and type of fish (species/size,etc)?

Only asking as am considering going to my local reservoir (Durleigh 80acres). Kam

The Res is about 20miles away from me, so I guess its my Local water. And cheaper than SWP!

When I fished it in 2005 I had 19trips and 8 Carp, of which 5were 20lb Plus, the rest were doubles. I did lose count of the Number of Bream I had, some single nights with over 12, yet just as easily I could have 10Bream and then a Carp, or a Carp and then Bream. The average Bream were about 6/7lb.

I even managed a few trips with 2 Carp in the same night.

If you search around there is a thread with Pics of 2 Beautiful Fully scaled 20lb+ Mirrors on here somewhere, I had them in the same night.

I think I did 3 maybe 4 sessions of 3nights or more, yet most of my fish came on single overnighters! That 19trips only totalled about 30nights in total.

I always fish with 2 mates but dont tend not to sit talking but concentrate on the task of getting on the carp.

About 7ish we get together around 1 peg and have a curry and a couple of drinks before getting the rods back n for the night ahead. :wink:

A little from colum A and a little from colum B :)

I enjoy fishing with a few mates and spending most of the time chewing the cud, discussing tactics and putting the world to rights. Dont like to drink heavy when fishing with mates as always to worried about falling in!

But there are times when I kinda like to sit back put my feet up and relax on my own. If I have had a stress full day, or have issues that I need to think about I grab my rods and off I go. Last year my wife and I came close to divorcing and I found that time on my own by the lake helped me get my head around our problems.

Even when I am with someone I still like to net my own fish and if I'm on my own have no problem taking photos of the fish.

NitroNick