Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nigewoodcock

Silly questions - an anonymous way to ask

Every now and then, we all have questions that we may be to scared to ask. This could be new comers to the sport or even experienced anglers who think they might get ridiculed for asking such simple (to some) questions.

I have an idea that may get you the answers your looking for, from members, whilst staying anonymous.

Pm me the question and I will post it up (unedited where possible) under my name. I wholeheartedly promise to never let out who asked the question.

The thread would be watched very closely by myself and any non helpful comments removed as soon as I see them.

I will ask the mods to do the same.

The majority of members, I am sure, would take this on and answer with respect and be as helpful as possible.

Hopefully this could stop some dangerous situations occurring by people being too shy/worried to ask and go about fishing in an unsafe, to the fish, others, or themselves.

What do you think???

Top idea. Hopefully get some other regular posters on the back of it as well.

Ross, you and I are thinking alike. I said something very similar in the Mods section. I think that Nige has a good idea with this. I'll be PM ing him frequently. :shock:

Ian

Ross, you and I are thinking alike. I said something very similar in the Mods section. I think that Nige has a good idea with this. I'll be PM ing him frequently. :shock:

Ian

Worrying!

Ross, you'll be fine. I sometimes have moments of complete clarity.

I'm due one quite soon.

Ian

Ian

Worrying!

Ross, you'll be fine. I sometimes have moments of complete clarity.

I'm due one quite soon.

Ian

I'm looking forward to that mate!

Every now and then, we all have questions that we may be to scared to ask. This could be new comers to the sport or even experienced anglers who think they might get ridiculed for asking such simple (to some) questions.

I have an idea that may get you the answers your looking for, from members, whilst staying anonymous.

Pm me the question and I will post it up (unedited where possible) under my name. I wholeheartedly promise to never let out who asked the question.

The thread would be watched very closely by myself and any non helpful comments removed as soon as I see them.

I will ask the mods to do the same.

The majority of members, I am sure, would take this on and answer with respect and be as helpful as possible.

Hopefully this could stop some dangerous situations occurring by people being too shy/worried to ask and go about fishing in an unsafe, to the fish, others, or themselves.

What do you think???

Bump

you will notice a few posts missing from this. after a pm from a member talking about it and saying how many posts have nothing to do with it and asking about tidying it up i have done. the only reason is because i really dolike the idea of this and dont want loads and loads of posts that have nothing to do with the idea because members will then not read through it.

i wont say who it was but you are more than welcome to mention it yourself?

i really hope this takes of tbh

Love the idea, well up for it. The mod who's been PM'd with a question might be able to just quickly and simply answer the question via the PM, So it may not even need to get into am open forum should the poster wish it, although if it is open forum, more members can see it and take advantage! I'm happy with this idea and will love to do it

:roll:

An example:

Plz help me I've been embarrassed to ask in open forum but how do I catch carp and avoid bream. Thanks in advance

I know that's a bit of a joke (I think) but its how it would be?

I'm not an expert on which ones but some baits are more bream friendly than others.. I know that pellet should be avoided as bream adore pellet mate

An example:

Plz help me I've been embarrassed to ask in open forum but how do I catch carp and avoid bream. Thanks in advance

I know that's a bit of a joke (I think) but its how it would be?

I'm not an expert on which ones but some baits are more bream friendly than others.. I know that pellet should be avoided as bream adore pellet mate

i dont think he is actually asking for advice on this matter :roll: . he has used this as an example question, hence the "an example" at the start of his post :lol::lol: . but very wise words otherwise :lol::lol:

Bit of a silly question, but I’ll ask. I know some of you use The Bait & Feed company, I have been looking at there particle mixes, how fresh are they in comparison to tackle shop shelf products and do the seed retain that freshly split look? Also and here’s the silly bit, how wet are they? By that I mean would it take a lot of crumb to get the particles into a PVA bag?

I could spod it out, but spodding is not something I want to get into.

Thats not a silly question at all mate , worthy of a thread on its own .

There are a few companies that now produce pva friendly particles although the b & f are probably not one of them .

Cotswold baits are and i highly recommend 'em .

I always use to dry sweetcorn out in a towel and very lightly dust with groundbait to put in bags.

Doesnt work with hemp though . Makes it float ...

As for bait & feed , can , open , worms , EVERYWHERE :)