Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
craftycarper4

How did you feel after your first 30?

Whats a 30? :roll::cry:

Tony what size is that one in your avatar pic mate?

Each session I dont catcha 30 means yet another session trying to catch a 30 !! :lol:

Whats a 30? :roll::cry:

Tony what size is that one in your avatar pic mate?

That fish is my personal best weighing 23lb 8oz, it was also my first twenty. Im that chuffed with it my dad printed a 10x8" photo of it on his computer which i have now proudly hanging in my living room :D:D:D:D:D

If you'd ask me how I'd react before hand......I would have said run round the lake like a headless chicken, whooping in delight.

I actually sat there quite stunned and it didn't sink in for quite awhile.

If you'd ask me how I'd react before hand......I would have said run round the lake like a headless chicken, whooping in delight.

Thats exactly what i did when i had my first 20! I ran round to Tonybranno who was fast off in his car :lol:

To those of you that can remember how did you feel when you were being photographed with your first 30?

Love the chance to get there!

I can remember my first 20, and I just crouched on my Knees holding the fish feeling stunned that I had done it at last.

When I caught my PB I was so happy I called my mate to come and do the Pics ( he lived 5minutes away). I had 3 people taking Pics, and as I held the Fish in the River before slipping it back I was chuffed to bits, although slightly less so when the Gits pushed me in :lol:

I think Grubby's answer says it all, the disbelief that you have achieved an Ambition or Target, the work you have put in just makes everything else seem irrelevant, and your mind is just going over the whole thing again and again.

Thats exactly what i did when i had my first 20! I ran round to Tonybranno who was fast off in his car :lol:

Then i was the one who was running around like a headless chicken trying to find the camera :lol: , i remember it well. I wouldnt mind but i was in the middle of a great dream involving me, a tin of squirty cream and a tall leggy blonde at the time :wink:

still not had a thirty, although ive not been back in the game for that long.

if i had it my way i would love this summer and next winter by bagging a few 20's, mayb even two summers of just high teens and low twenties.

im no where near ready for a 30 yet. ive never even seen one in real life i think i would freak out haha

i didnt chuck the rod back out....it was my aim for the season to catch a 30 out of willesley,,,and on about mmy 4th trip of the season id had her within 20 minutes of casting out,,rang my fishin buddy n my girlfriend up,,,then i packed up and went,,silly realy as there were a shed load of fish over my pre bait,,,but i just couldnt get my head around it all..

that was last june..and iv still not set myself a target since!!

although iv been quite happy just fishing for the sake of it instead of for a certain fish for the first time in a few years...

need a new challenge now though...25 twenties for the coming season seems about the only one i can think of!

i didnt chuck the rod back out....it was my aim for the season to catch a 30 out of willesley,,,and on about mmy 4th trip of the season id had her within 20 minutes of casting out,,rang my fishin buddy n my girlfriend up,,,then i packed up and went,,silly realy as there were a shed load of fish over my pre bait,,,but i just couldnt get my head around it all..

that was last june..and iv still not set myself a target since!!

although iv been quite happy just fishing for the sake of it instead of for a certain fish for the first time in a few years...

need a new challenge now though...25 twenties for the coming season seems about the only one i can think of!

How about 100 x 20's in a season?? Derek Richie managed it!

but derek ritchie has alot more on offer than me...lol

venues limited

money even more limited..

would prefer just to have one lake to concentrate on,,,but cant find one locally enough for me to make a good go of it

i felt more chuffed with my first 20,only because the stock was unknown and i caught it on my first sess ,an hour after casting , :D . turns out the were quite afew 20s when that lake was netted and drained

where as my 30, it was on the cards . the baliff said a 50 could be out there ,and me and my mate joked about catching it but both agreed that a brace of 25s would really be a day to remember,

any way, on my 3rd sess .a tuesday night after the bank holiday crowds had gone i slipped the net under a 30-12 mirror :D:D

reeled in other rod and weighted for my missus to do to pics (and bring scales :?:roll: ) .after it was back in i sat there for a few hours just looking at camera , dont think i felt any thing at this point just cold.

change my clothes and recast ,but not with any determination to catch ,made room for her to sleep and got my head down,then woke to a screamer on the same rod,a 20 leather :D:D

happy days i was thinking and packed up a very happy man

the carp gods heard me and granted me my 50lb brace :lol:

and in a better way then i asked

and more recent than that i did a 20lb pike which tops all the fish and pbs i ever caught,as thats from the river and because i allways been a piker and carping in quite new to me compared

as maccy dees say

i loving it

glad to hear im not the only one who has'nt caught a thirty.. there are at least two in my synidicate so this year my target is to get one of em',

i never used to set targets in my fishing i just enjoyed being there and still do but i find a target fish will help you fish alot beter most of the time because you have something to work towards.. bit like life really.

:D

glad to hear im not the only one who has'nt caught a thirty.. there are at least two in my synidicate so this year my target is to get one of em',

i never used to set targets in my fishing i just enjoyed being there and still do but i find a target fish will help you fish alot beter most of the time because you have something to work towards.. bit like life really.

:D

Target both of them! :wink:

Nah no 30 for me either

My pb is 28lb 4oz from warmwell, it was a named fish called 'broken back' and I was over the moon, I was only 14 at the time and could hardly lift the fish for the photo!