Bait size??

nathanhuynh

thankyou guys, I only actualy hought that I needed to change bait size bacause I have seen anglers on my venue using 20mm bottom baits with massive snowman rigs and they claim to be catching on them. I have been catching on my 10mm baits but, again, the bream keep shoaling in. Even the anglers who use big baits still get the odd bream.

we have are very own bream expert on this forum... he can catch bream anywhere he's a legend.. a fountain of knowledge on all things bream and an all round good guy if you can tap into his knowledge you might work out how to avoid them :lol: I'm sure here be along to help :lol:

Humph :evil:

at the moment I use a single betalin soaked pink pop-up (10mm) and a size 10 korum hook with a BB cammo shot to hold it 1inch off of the bottom. Should I use larger bait?

Are you happy with what you are catching?

Then why change?

Do you want to avoid the bream?

Then up the bait size to try to avoid them.

An 18 or 20mm bottom bait with a 15mm pop-up will catch carp, as will an 8mm boilie.

It may not just be the bait size you are using, after all, if you are putting in loads of Hinders particles/groundbait, that is acting as a bream attractor, and Andy will be in contact to find out your mix :P:twisted::lol:

You may need to avoid the groundbait or particles and stick to boilies alone if you want to catch carp

I see that the bream are most likely the result of my mix which I just sent to andy which attracts bream. I will stick to larger particles now, such as tigers, maise and tares.

Maize and tares will still attract bream, the tigers may reduce them, but they will stick likely pick up the occasional one :wink:

Bream are carpet feeders, they come into an area and will clean it out until full or the area is cleaned up.

If you want to avoid bream, try sticking to (bigger) boilies, and put in very little additional feed, unless you know the carp are there and will accept it.

I see that the bream are most likely the result of my mix which I just sent to andy which attracts bream.

Nathan you don't realise because your new but I haven't laughed so hard for a long time

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bet Andy isn't

Humph

wish I had mod powers

:twisted:

I see that the bream are most likely the result of my mix which I just sent to andy which attracts bream.

Nathan you don't realise because your new but I haven't laughed so hard for a long time

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bet Andy isn't

Humph

wish I had mod powers

:twisted:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Just pm'd Nathan told him your THE MAN for tench :P:P

I see that the bream are most likely the result of my mix which I just sent to andy which attracts bream. I will stick to larger particles now, such as tigers, maise and tares.

Will that mix catch tench mate? I'm struggling to get amongst them this year. Not had one yet and I think I must be doing something wrong! I've caught carp but there starting to spoil my sessions now. I just can't seem to get through them to the tench. What do you reckon I'm best doing???

Will that mix catch tench mate? I'm struggling to get amongst them this year. Not had one yet and I think I must be doing something wrong! I've caught carp but there starting to spoil my sessions now. I just can't seem to get through them to the tench. What do you reckon I'm best doing???

Taking up golf, maybe?

Ian

Taking up golf, maybe?

Ian

Tried that. Too many sensible people in that game. :shock:

Taking up golf, maybe?

Ian

Tried that. Too many sensible people in that game. :shock:

Yeah, all in strange clothing, too. :shock:

Ian