Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
esminthecarper

Jim Shelley

Hi i'm thinking of buying a tuition session with the great man himself jim shelley. The question i would like to ask is that someone told me that he is receiving alot of criticism at the moment does anyone know if this is true and what is the reason for this? thanks

Hi i'm thinking of buying a tuition session with the great man himself jim shelley. The question i would like to ask is that someone told me that he is receiving alot of criticism at the moment does anyone know if this is true and what is the reason for this? thanks

If you use Facebook have a look at Rob Hughes page. He has the comments made by Jim Shelley wanting Rob Hales fishery to get ottered. It is also on mine as I managed to share it before it went too far down.

There is also another thread here:

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55627

If you do decide to pay £250 ish for a tuition with JS, and get him to tie you up a rig, you will be asked to return it to him when the tuition finishes :shock::roll:

From everything I've heard about this fellow, he seems to be thoroughly unpleasent. I can't see why anyone would want to spend time in his company, let alone pay for the privilege. There's a few people on here I'd gladly pay for tuition, but I wouldn't be paying him a penny.

From everything I've heard about this fellow, he seems to be thoroughly unpleasent. I can't see why anyone would want to spend time in his company, let alone pay for the privilege. There's a few people on here I'd gladly pay for tuition, but I wouldn't be paying him a penny.

Theo, you are too kind :P

our matt or mick just to pick their brains a little

Same here, Pete. They both come across as decent geezers with no unpleasant axes to grind.

Ian

exactly mate still down to earth guys and still very aproachable by all accounts

my godfather god rest....just to see if I was the kind of angler he hoped I would be and to see if i learned what he tried to instill in me.....aside from that.....roll on autumn

Im off for a session with Mick (leggs) hopefully the beggining of March down Cromwell and he isnt charging me a penny......I think....... :lol:

Keep your money mate, watch the lads on your lake, I bet there's lads on there that are every bit as good but dont promote themselves and get results without all the advantages that the "faces" get.......

Im off for a session with Mick (leggs) hopefully the beggining of March down Cromwell and he isnt charging me a penny......I think....... :lol:

Keep your money mate, watch the lads on your lake, I bet there's lads on there that are every bit as good but dont promote themselves and get results without all the advantages that the "faces" get.......

Dont be so sure he;s a brummy, Not only that i saw him with a wod of notes :lol:

Adam penning or Ian Russell all the way! does anyone know why Adam Penning Left Korda? there is an interview video on youtube with him talking about his tutorials and everytime the word Korda is mentioned you can see him shudder.

There are 3 parts to it.

Adam penning or Ian Russell all the way! does anyone know why Adam Penning Left Korda? there is an interview video on youtube with him talking about his tutorials and everytime the word Korda is mentioned you can see him shudder.

There are 3 parts to it.

Someone mentioned this the other week mate, I think someone said he'd left Korda because contractually he was banned from doing private tuitions and personal stuff like that......

ok ive had a read of your comments and ive decided im going to save my money and just learn from others i meet. Ive been into fishing for almost 10 years i joined this forum 9 years ago as you can see. but im a little slow in my devolpment and just starting to gain confidence with trying new things. and to those who may not know im female not that it matters but i thought i would say this. So is jim shelley receiving this criticism because of the comments he made to this carp catcher guy? sorry im still trying to fathom things out

If you use Facebook have a look at Rob Hughes page. He has the comments made by Jim Shelley wanting Rob Hales fishery to get ottered. It is also on mine as I managed to share it before it went too far down.

There is also another thread here:

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55627

If you do decide to pay £250 ish for a tuition with JS, and get him to tie you up a rig, you will be asked to return it to him when the tuition finishes :shock::roll:

I couldnt find rob hughs page on facebook could you chuck me a link thanks

and what do you mean by ottered?

I think that JS has been disliked for quite a while now, its not just his recent spat.

He has been out of the limelight for a while and then all of a sudden his online blog war of words has given him the advertising he needs to get his name mentioned again.

A young (19) friend of mine approached him via his FB page and enquired about tuition but once he found out the cost couldnt afford it. JS has sent him a huge amount of messages, some quite nasty trying to get him to turn up and pay.

If you are mindset on getting tuition from a brand name carp angler then there are plenty of others out there.

It's par for the course for Jim to publish the phone numbers of folks who enquire about his services (and dont go for it) for his band of merry men to ring up and abuse.

Nice!