Big pit carp reels!!!

Looking for three new big pit reels, price doesn't matter...

I want them to look good (pimp) and perform wicked! Im fishing a members syndicate lake that your never really casting further than like 40yard's but then the following week ill be at linear or another venue where ill be casting 100-180yeards...

There's two reels iv been looking at the most and just thought I'd find out other people's thoughts or if you've owned then...?

1. Daiwa iso big pit reel.

2. Shimano aero technium xs-c 6000 big pit reel.

Thanks...

Guest single_bleep

I'm on the Entohs, great reel but if money wasn't an issue then would suggest the ISOs. My mate has a set and the drag is super smooth, that said I can't cast any further with those than I can with mine on the same set up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few mates who've had Basia and have not been overelly happy with them.

Alright whilst they were new- or if you keep them super clean...bits of dirt and grit apparently wreck them.

Think I'd be going Shimmy Magnesium.

I've got a few mates who've had Basia and have not been overelly happy with them.

Alright whilst they were new- or if you keep them super clean...bits of dirt and grit apparently wreck them.

Think I'd be going Shimmy Magnesium.

i must admit if money where no object i would go for the mags as well but arnt they a bit pricey!!!

Ive had my Basia's QDX Blacks for about 3 years now, i had them all refurbished about a year ago because a couple where making some funny noises, they where still working perfectly but it was just to be on the safe side

The line lay is still perfect on them and performance wise i cant fault them, and they have done some serious work.

But on the negative side they have shown excessive cosmetic wear, and grit seems to find its way in to the inside of the spool so to keep the clutch running as smooth as possible is worth taking the spool off and giving it a clean out with WD40 to wash out any grit then dry off any excess and then smear a film of lithium grease on the top of the spool before you put the top spool fixing nut back on, this ensures a perfectly smooth clutch