How Low

salokcinnodrog

Last week local Tackle Theft incident just outside Ipswich.

Police are investigating an incident in which a Carp Angler was threatened at Barham Pits last Wednesday just after dark. He had his 5Rods, 5 reels, buzzer bars and Alarms stolen.

Sad State of Affairs, How low can these people get?

I am sure we will all keep our eyes peeled on ebay for these things. I have been offered some cheep tackle in the past NO QUESTIONS ASKED and refused it outright. I am sure that there are many people out there who would buy some stolen tackle. If there is no market for stolen tackle then perhaps it would stop being knicked.

sadly, there is no limit to how low some people will go. i was told of a guy in his bivvy, being woke up in the night, staring at the barrel of a gun. he was told to be quiet, & he wouldn't get hurt. the few items that weren't stolen, were sold within a week.

Unfortunately even places like Cash Converters have sold Tackle that has been stolen. Whoever pinches it just wants to get rid of it for the Cash they can get or it is stolen to order.

Think we need stricter Penalties for any Criminal Offence and stop "namby pambying" the Prisoners. From a Mate of mine who spent some time inside, his words are "Prison is not a deterrent, to many it is a bed, 3 meals a day, and a lesson. Not to not do the Crime, but how not to get caught"

I had all mine stolen last year and have only really just got all the basics back.

I know what your saying Nick about cash convertors as that was the first place i went to about up to a month after in case that is where it might of landed up but no luck.

Funny thing was although it was taken out of my double locked shed nowt else was nicked, all my tools were left so def an inside job, someone knew what they were after the *Gits* :evil::x

Had all mine stolen a few years ago. :evil::evil:

I'd gone up to Norfolk for a day on the Wensum with just my Chub Fishing gear. I came back to discover my Door Broken in on my House, my clothes and food thrown across the floor :roll: , and my Fishing Tackle Stolen, along with my Driving Licence, Birth Certificate and my Passport. They left the TV's, Video and Playstation

Has taken me years to replace it, bit by bit. I discovered Last year an Outstanding Debt to a Credit Card Company when I went to change my Bank Account after Liz and I split up, and I Still have a Kack credit rating :evil:

My Mate walked into Cash Converters after his gear was stolen and found it on Sale in there.

Also Car Boot Sales are a favourite place, but the Gits know not to go local to where they stole it from.

I know what your saying nick, like we have always said you dont realies how much money you spend on fishing gear until its gone. :shock:

And I have a bit of a hectic life also with present and past i.e. ex's and nows like kids and bills and when something like this happens anyone that is single and not much of a commitment wont notice it so much as you certainly need a rainfall or its going to be a long drag building it up again for some you now what to do it all over again. :x

I can certainly relate with you mate on things like this, Guess we need to let off some gas and kick some skin !!! :lol::wink:

No more swearing or putting links on here lads as Nick has a violent streak and mite take us to a dark alley and make out we fell over a dustbin. :shock:

His violent streak is that bad he can even crush a tiger nut with his little toe so be warned as i aint responsible for his actions. :lol::lol:

No more swearing or putting links on here lads as Nick has a violent streak and mite take us to a dark alley and make out we fell over a dustbin. :shock:

His violent streak is that bad he can even crush a tiger nut with his little toe so be warned as i aint responsible for his actions. :lol::lol:

lol, :lol:

The Violent Days are over (except for American Football), got Kids to think about. Can't set them a Bad Example :wink:

We are fishing a water that has a bad reputation for tackle thefts.etc but th e fish are worth the risk.Trouble is i wont be letting anyone take our tackle that has taken years to build up. many lads now carry baseball bats as a matter of course.horrible i know but its fight with fire on this water. one more season and its pastures new, hope we grt through it safely.

its such a worry everytime ya go fishing for a night ya have to worry about some scum nicking ya gear. as for the comment on a baseball bat i take one with me, its something ya have to do now days, not right but hey stealing aint right either

I would be up for a bit of scum baiting..... catch the ******* in the act and teach them a proper lesson.

I have my bat with me, fits nicely in the titan bag....... trouble is i am one of the silly fools who would not let them just take it.

Im lucky i have 2 sets of tackle so it would never stop me going, if anyone here should have the misfortune of theft of gear you are more than welcome to have a lend of my spare gear......

Thats what i was going to say, although someone has taken my fishing gear so can i come and borrow yours but i cant tell you my name and where i live !!! :lol::lol:

Look out Ebay here I come !!! :lol::wink:

If all you moderators have a viscious temper like Nick then I wont bother !!!

Thats what i was going to say, although someone has taken my fishing gear so can i come and borrow yours but i cant tell you my name and where i live !!! :lol::lol:

No, Coops is quite Mild Mannered :wink: unless he blanks :lol::lol::lol:

No, Coops is quite Mild Mannered :wink: unless he blanks :lol::lol::lol:

Luckily that is not too often...... :lol::lol:

i heard about the tackle thefts down at barham,

i just can,t believe its getting bad on the fishing banks you would think of all the places you would be safe whilst fishing.

been fishing barham for years not the most prettys of places but i have always liked fishing there, there is something about the place,

anyway good luck to anyone who wants to try a nick my gear, they won,t just have me to answer to but two unhappy dogs :evil:

has anyone fished barham lately,just wonder how its fishing,

i heard about the tackle thefts down at barham,

i just can,t believe its getting bad on the fishing banks you would think of all the places you would be safe whilst fishing.

been fishing barham for years not the most prettys of places but i have always liked fishing there, there is something about the place,

anyway good luck to anyone who wants to try a nick my gear, they won,t just have me to answer to but two unhappy dogs :evil:

has anyone fished barham lately,just wonder how its fishing,

I got spooked there a couple of times.

I was fishing on my own one night on First Point and someone walked all the way round from the Lay-by on the A14, just to "chat". He didn't seem too interested in what I had been catching, but more on my gear. That night I ended up with a Tackle Alrm rigged up with Line all around the swim so that if anyone came down I would have ample warning.

Then a couple of years later I was on the Beach fishing with a Friend, when we both saw a High Powered Strobe light being used. If flashed in the eyes it would totally disorientate you. 2 People came down the Bank, looking quite threatening. My mates Bivvy was hidden next to the Brambles and we were both next to his gear with a Rounders Bat each. When they saw 2 people they decided to run fast back up the slope to the Top of Pesthouse Lane.

Haven't heard much coming out from either B or A Pit, but I just can't get my head round B Pit anymore. Its such a lovely water, but there are so few Carp in there for the size of it. The Nature Reserve being out of bounds mean that some Carp never come out of there. 2 acres of water, high in Natural Food that you can't fish. Get an Angler at either end and the Carp won't come out.

A pit, not really that keen on it now that its Day Ticket, there did used to be loads of Good Carp in there, had many of them before they reached 20lbs, and now don't really want to catch them again, even if they are bigger

Let me first say that I agree with everything you guys have said on this subject...However I think the most important thing is to insure your tackle, keep recipts and photies of all your gear..then hopefully you should be recompenced if it it half inched..and don,t fight back it,s not worth getting hurt..

Let me first say that I agree with everything you guys have said on this subject...However I think the most important thing is to insure your tackle, keep recipts and photies of all your gear..then hopefully you should be recompenced if it it half inched..and don,t fight back it,s not worth getting hurt..

Sound advice.At the end of the day your own safety is of paramount importance well above that of your tackle.With the increase of thefts of fishing tackle due to the "instant"popularity of the sport,it's a basic supply and demand issue.If no one bought the "hot"tackle be that individuals,Cash Converters etc then it wouldn't be worth any idiot stealing it in the first place.It really gets your back up I know but to retaliate unless your life is threatened will land you in hot water as we all know that the law is on the side of the criminal :evil:

when i went for my first night session me and my mate saw a suspicious man starring at our tent for around 2 hours so we thought "we are getting picked up"...so my next night session i took a knife i know it sounds bad but it made me feel more safe and i thought i could sleep safely with that with me. Im not no holligan or nothing it just that my first time was a scary expirence so i i just wonted to feel safe the second time....im going to do a night session soon :D