Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
carperjake

Need tubing for braid.

Seeing as I am dropping off my syndi this year I need to change my end tackle approach a little. I've been using braid and a leadcore leader for the last 5 years but many of the waters I am looking to fish have banned this approach, pandering to the lowest common denominator again :cry: .

Some allow braid and tubing but can anyone recommend a tubing that is fairly easy to thread braid thru and has good sinking charcteristics yet reamains flexible enough to mould to the lake bed. Preferably in meter long lengths as I don't like just using small bits of tube, most of the time I use a baitboat so the drop on casting isn't really an option.

I've tried the AVID ones with the puller built in and I'm not that impressed, bought 6 for a recent session, 1 per rod and a spare for each too, 4 of them snapped as I pulled the threader thru with the braid attached, I wasn't that ham fisted with them either.

I use Gardner tubing in Brown as i find the green is too dark sinks well and is supple i found it easy to thread my mono through it which makes a change

Solar and Fox tubing were my usual tubing, easy enough to thread with mono, but with braid you will need a diamond eye pole elastic or Gardner tubing threader.

I have bought some tungsten rig tubing from Mo's co to use, but as of yet I've not needed to use tubing as I've been fishing naked, and very cold it has been :wink:

if your having trouble threading the braid through the tubing try tying on some stiff mono line to the braid and threading the mono through the tubing then pulling the braid with it then cut off the mono. This is how I got around it.