Paranormal things while fishing

one session last year it was early evening and i had a float out concentrating really really hard on it almost willing it to slide away, last cast of the day and i really wanted to end on a fish. anyway the wind picked up ever so slightly and blew the toggle on the top of my hat just into my peripheral vision. i almost pood my pants there and then it scared the living daylights out of me my heart was in my mouth and was beating like a steam train, it took me ages to calm down. never seen a ghost though...

dont believe your mate he is telling porkies. Have a torch and a recording device with you, Ive watched loads of those ghost programmes on the TV and the ghosts never appear when there is a torch being flashed around and a chance of appearing on TV.

dont believe your mate he is telling porkies. Have a torch and a recording device with you, Ive watched loads of those ghost programmes on the TV and the ghosts never appear when there is a torch being flashed around and a chance of appearing on TV.

quality :lol:

I was fishing one morning at my swim and I know there was no one else on the property. I heard someone talking while I was fishing, and like I said there was no one else around. I couldn't make out what was being said. Sound travels pretty good around here, so it could have been someone in their yard talking hundreds of yards away. Fog was rising from the water, so it added to the creepiness.

I was fishing one morning at my swim and I know there was no one else on the property. I heard someone talking while I was fishing, and like I said there was no one else around. I couldn't make out what was being said. Sound travels pretty good around here, so it could have been someone in their yard talking hundreds of yards away. Fog was rising from the water, so it added to the creepiness.

You hadnt left the radio on in your sleeping bag had you? :lol:

I sometimes hear voices in my head telling me to spod the granny out of it, then along comes another voice that says solid bag. so I normally just pub chuck a choddy out and put the kettle on instead.

But when you do it do you also hear "Get In!", "Come On!" or "Wicked!"? If so maybe it's a new product called Korda Spook!

my last 48 hour trip at about three in the morning there was someone coughing right behind my bivvy. I was the only one on the lake, i was right by the car park, and in the middle of absolute nowhere. The lake was also enclosed by a locked electrified fence! A clear human cough, probably 4 or 5 times, maybe a foot behind my bivvy. I wouldnt say i was scared, as I knew it couldnt be a person and ghosts dont exist, but un-nerved would be appropriate!

in the morning, still wondering what it was i found out. In the field behind the lake there was a sheep, who had a cough! :) I have never heard such a human sounding cough come from an animal. Have the vid on my iphone to prove it! The fence was probably 10 ft behind the bivvy! Funny how the night can mess up your sense of distance! :) Poor thing needed a strepsil though.

Nige and I were on a syndicate in the Cotswolds right on the edge of the water park. You'd usually be the only one fishing on a fair size bit of land, surrounded by fences. I heard some pretty strange noises during my time there, but Nige had the best story haha. Maybe he'll be on to tell it as it was another instance where he nearly messed his pants.

fished a swim that could only be reached by a wooden bridge. its in the middle of nowhere. my mate was fishing about 100yds away so i wasn't completely alone. anyway, one really dark night, lying in my bivvy, i heard someone walk across the bridge. i turn on my head torch and turn round to see what my mate wanted, only there was no one there! to this day, i have no idea what or who it was :shock:

Years ago, me and a mate were fishing a local lake one night in the Summer. Only the two of us there and the sky was crystal clear.

It must have been about 2 in the morning, I noticed a light in the sky, some distance away. I watched it for about a minute or so, thought it was a 'plane at first, way in the distance because it appeared to be travelling very slowly. But the light wasn't flashing (as 'plane lights normally do), and I couldn't hear any noise (in the dead of night you can hear an aeroplane even if it's miles away).

Suddenly the light stopped moving, it was completely stationary. I told my mate to look, which he did and it stayed motionless for about 2 or 3 minutes. Thinking it might be a helicopter, (although we still couldn't hear any noise, and helicopters are noisy things) we were about to dismiss it, when suddenly this light shot straight up at a tremendous rate and eventually disappeared.. It couldn't have been a helicopter, it was climbing much too fast.

To this day I still can't fathom it out.

Sound can travel a long way over water and through damp air, often giving the impression that the source of a sound is much closer than it actually is. Add to this the solitude and eeriness that some lakes have at night and you have a recipe for the imagination to run wild...

I haven't really had any spooky occurrences (apart from a murderous scream that I knew was a vixen) but have had some disgusting ones: I once woke up in the middle of the night to find a huge brown rat sat on my chest!

Another time I awoke to find there was something wrong with my eye, there was a great big slug stuck across it (must have slithered across from the hood of my bag), needless to say he became a margin flung freebie...

As for spirits, the only ones that I encounter on the bank are the ones in my hip flask..!

Nige and I were on a syndicate in the Cotswolds right on the edge of the water park. You'd usually be the only one fishing on a fair size bit of land, surrounded by fences. I heard some pretty strange noises during my time there, but Nige had the best story haha. Maybe he'll be on to tell it as it was another instance where he nearly messed his pants.

You tell them lewis. Still winds me up telling it!!! Lol

One of the lakes i fish is really old and secluded there are rumours of a monk that roams the banks at night. I havent fished through the night yet :oops: i was there with a friend one dark evening til a random guy came towards us shone his torch at us bout 4ft away we couldnt see anything for the light he stood for bout 20 seconds then turned away saying nothing. We packed up pretty sharpish haha.

this is our lakes.

talk about things that go bump in the night!! never got a wink of sleep in my first year.

i know the local vicar said he see something at the gate but would never say what it was. said he would never go to lakes again...and he didnt!

I cannot view youtube videos from work, will have a looksie when I get home. I hope to get onto that ticket this year though if it is the one I am thinking of. I need to go and meet Brian one Sunday (probably this Sunday) to have a chat.

I have done a few allnighters in the mansion itself and that is one spooky looking place, not much to worry about with regards to paranormal stuff, but that is one hell of a spooky looking building, something straight out of a horror film.