Agree with ditching the telly not what fishing about for me but each to there own. wouldnt nessarily take more bait instead though we there to catch em not feed em. Im always busy stalking and looking for fish i havnt time to sit in bivvy watching tv. A few lads on the lakes i fish do and it makes getting on the fish easiar for me because there rarely on the fish.

First of all, don't worry about anyone having a pop at you for taking a TV with you, it's YOUR choice! I take my 10" TV with me in the winter for those long nights. I have the power ring 40ah which is fantastic. I've just done 9 days/nights in Portugal, it kept my laptop and phone charged up and still had 50% of it's power left at the end of the session. I got mine from Halfords, which at the time was the best price.

First of all, don't worry about anyone having a pop at you for taking a TV with you, it's YOUR choice! I take my 10" TV with me in the winter for those long nights. I have the power ring 40ah which is fantastic. I've just done 9 days/nights in Portugal, it kept my laptop and phone charged up and still had 50% of it's power left at the end of the session. I got mine from Halfords, which at the time was the best price.
Hi Ian looking to get a power source my self is this the sort of thing you mean ?

173765_zpscc92d7a3.jpg

Only watched TV on the bank the once. Waveney Valley D Lake in the 80's sometime.

Got to The Bell for last orders Friday night and Jim Davidson was in there giving it large.

Anyways fished next to him on D lake for the week and on the Wednesday England had a game. Well Jim's mate, a fella called Derek I think, had a TV he run off a car battery and we watched the match on the lawn in front of the lake.

Jim even bought a couple of cases of beer for us, his tipple was whiskey!

We found Jim one evening returning from the pub in-between F and G lakes totally lost! He'd had a few and it was a really dark night!

Had a very fun weeks fishing, spent most of it laughing! Derek even had Big Scale at 30+, great memories :D

Sorry its no use for choosing a power pack but there you are! lol

I gave up with a TV on the bank, found I spent more time watching TV than the lake, and you couldn't hear the fish crash over TV sound. Mind you laid back with a spare car battery running a TV and the remote control to hand was a bit much.

My usual choice is now a book, although I do confess to the iPad making it out to the last couple of trips and a few downloaded books and a few of the rare decent BBC TV programmes downloaded onto it for evening watching :?:oops:

Nick. Can you remember JD's mate Derek? I think he was a bit of a name at the time, doing my heeed in it is! :lol:

EDIT

Just found the below on another forum, seems this guy was there that very same week!

i had a week up at waveney and he was on there for the first few days with his mate derrick Walters it was the funniest few days fishing ive ever had

he had just got back from the Falklands entertaining the troops he had the ****tiest setup ever nothing matching just like it had been thrown together and inside his bivvy was full of cans up to the top of his bed chair he didnt catch but his m8 had big scale (rip) once he found out we was local to where he had grown up it was like he had known us forever can honestly say it was a few days to remember top bloke

Hi Ian looking to get a power source my self is this the sort of thing you mean ?

173765_zpscc92d7a3.jpg

That looks identical to the one I have except my one is blue. Ring make a 40ah and a 20ah. I'll show you Thursday :D

TVs are Ok for winter when the nights are long. I take one on most longer sessions as it is a digital radio too. TBH I only have the TV during the summer for football and grand prixs.

The battery I use is actually a back up battery from a mobile phone relay station! I used to work for a firm that made them and there was loads knocking around, it's 33AH, 12V and does the job fine for me, even if I use the telly a lot it will comfortably last a week. I use it to top the mobile up too. I could probably run a better tent light than the lantern thing i use now too if I could find something to do the job, might have a look for a camper van internal fluorescent light and see what i can do.

Ye gods... Is this what the Xbox generation expect from their fishing?

Do you have Sky+ so you can pause what you're watching when you have a run? Why on Earth would you want to watch TV when you are fishing? Each to their own I suppose... Personally, I go fishing to get away from all that sort of thing. The most I allow myself is a tiny radio (for the weather forecast) and in winter when the nights are long perhaps a book (usually about carp fishing) and some spare batteries for the head torch.

Ye gods... Is this what the Xbox generation expect from their fishing?

Do you have Sky+ so you can pause what you're watching when you have a run? Why on Earth would you want to watch TV when you are fishing? Each to their own I suppose... Personally, I go fishing to get away from all that sort of thing. The most I allow myself is a tiny radio (for the weather forecast) and in winter when the nights are long perhaps a book (usually about carp fishing) and some spare batteries for the head torch.

Is it not up to the individual to decide what they take fishing with them? Bivvyboy had simply asked a question about power packs.

why dont you just watch the water :wink: . far better viewing than the rubbish they put on nowadays :roll:

All I can say is 'here here' emmcee..!!

I thought thats why we do what we do, to get away from all that and enjoy nature and our surroundings..!!

Well, that's my opinion any way...! :D:D

well each to their own if watching the tv while you are fishing floats your boat, so be it. imo and without offending anyone, i think its ridiculous, hopefully your alarms are turned down at night time while your tucked up in your centrally heated bivvy watching all your soaps how do you hear your alarms(less you have a sound box), then you get up in the morning bit of brekie and on with the telly to watch jeremy kyle and loose women after, god forbid you get a run. seems more like camping to me