Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Pete simmo simmons

Bivvy or Brolly

OK its now time to update my old Rod Hutchinson 2 man bivvy, nice spacious bit of kit but takes for ever to put up. I want something reasonably quick to erect with enough space for me and the Mrs, looked at the following Avid Ascent and Fox Supa Brolly but keep coming back to the JRC STI Twin skin mainly because it looks slightly bigger and has the second skin, so what do you think guys??

JRC STI always seems to get highly spoken of...take it you'll be getting a 2 man for you and the Mrs? Welder has a 2 man with extended winter wrap as well I think? Gives even more space :D

JRC STI always seems to get highly spoken of...take it you'll be getting a 2 man for you and the Mrs? Welder has a 2 man with extended winter wrap as well I think? Gives even more space :D

Hi Chris, no was thinking of a one man because of one lake I fish I cant get a two man on there so choice is limited.

Hi Chris, no was thinking of a one man because of one lake I fish I cant get a two man on there so choice is limited.

Where're you going to put your Mrs then?? :P

Only thing for me is I wish I had a bivvy with a peak...keep a bit of the rain out

Only thing for me is I wish I had a bivvy with a peak...keep a bit of the rain out

:lol::lol::lol: bunk beds

Design and get it to market quick before Nash do!! :P

Design and get it to market quick before Nash do!! :P

Hey never thought of that PUKKA . :lol::lol:

I have the JRC STI in 1 man with the winter skin i have had 2 bed chairs in there it was a bit tight but i take it your missus won't be going every trip :lol: top bit of kit and you can take or leave the groundsheet which is another bonus good luck with which ever you buy :wink:

This a fantastic piece of kit and with the overwrap more than big enough for a few nights. My only gripe is that the groundsheet is a bit lame. I suspect it's been updated since I bought mine though!

I used the new bivvy for the first time last week and can honestly say it was brilliant, If I have to say one negative about it, it has no means of putting up a night light in it. My old bivvy had a rubber hook hanging in the middle which allowed me to hang a light. I will probably glue some Velcro on the seem in the middle to fix a light to, other than that I can highly recommend it.