Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
fishunity

OFF THE MARK!!!

Well here I am back at the membership lake in Kent. I failed the first time round and was praying it wouldn't be a repeat performance. Admittedly the conditions last time out were dire and on my arrival it seemed I was going to have to face the same again, although the weather had warmed up slightly so that was one positive. I haven't changed much in terms of rigs and bait still sticking to a small bag of crumbed boilie and pellet with a 15mm bottom bait tipped with yellow corn. As you may have read in my previous blog I felt I had over done it on the baiting side of things last time round, and so decided to spread two handfuls of chops and 10mm boilies across the two spots. (Sometimes less is more)

13.30 - no signs of any fish at present, however speaking to the bailiff there has been more movement in the mornings and signs of their whereabouts becoming increasingly common. The sun had come out breaking through the cloud with my bivvy starting to feel like a greenhouse. The Carp are most definitely on the move now and if this session proved uneventful I certainly gained confidence for the weeks ahead. Could it be that spring had finally arrived?

17.15 - Deep in the pages of Mr Nash's book, my concentration is broken by the sound of multiple bleeps. Over to my rods I went, looking to investigate further. My bobbin was tight to the blank; I quickly placed my hand firmly on the reel seat as I watched impatiently my heart picking up speed and then some when it slowly dropped back. Seconds seemed like minutes as I stood there hoping...... No praying for the bobbin to move again. Well, someone must have been listening as it slowly crept back up and then came the sound all carp anglers love to hear. The clutch slowly began to click as line started to peel from the spool, without hesitation I lifted the rod and I was in. Immediately the fish took off karting to my left a big bow wave breaking the surface. It put up a good fight and I managed to bank it, my first fish of the 2013 campaign which came in the way of a 18lb common. I know it’s not a monster but confidence restored........ I was buzzing.

18lb-common-Copy.jpg

22.00/00.00 – I’m getting a lot of activity on the rods, but no definite takes either liners or I’m getting done big time. I have spread my freebies around a large area to try and get the fish moving around and to gain more confidence….. Perhaps this is why?

Morning soon came around and there was no other action to report. I was certainly still buzzing with the capture of my first fish of the year especially as it had been a challenging start to the campaign, what with the poor weather conditions and the cold weather. Leaving one happy angler I can now look ahead to my next session with confidence and start to prepare my plans of attack.

BANKSIDE BIVVY

http://www.j3i.co.uk/thecarpcorner/?page_id=195

Sponsored By www.ibreadcrumbs.co.uk