Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jones13

Lychgate Fishery

Yesterday i fished Lychgate, I fished the specimen lake which when you arrive if you drive all the way to the end of the gravel road between two static caravan's and through a gate you park up on the right next to the lake. The lake has a lot of geese and ducks but not to worry they are all quite friendly and will just have a drink from you'r bucket every now and then. There are about 8/10 good size hard standing peg's there is enough room to put your rods in the grass and still stay within your peg, Each peg also has it's own brick bbq. The lake is known for big carp, trout and sturgeon. Unfortunately i blanked but there were two lads fishing who had 3 fish over 2 day's up to around 24 pound and another angler had a good size trout out on the day due to the weather a lot of fish where in the upper layer's so zig rig's or surface float would have got a good number of fish out but due to the amount of duck's etc unless fishing one rod or fishing late on the evening once the birds have gone to roost it's not something i would personally try. I will be going back to Lychgate in the future as it is a good days fishing whether catching or not and for £8 is worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/bretts.carp

Sorry forgot to say where it was it's in Stoke Goldind CV13 6EU it's about 15 / 20 min from Hinckley.

The facebook is my fishing diary / blog of place's i fish and catch report's and pictures of venues.