Overlooked rookie errors

mlty

not engaging your bait runner, especially when your rods are on a gay pod on a wooden or concrete platform and getting your system pulled in.

Didn't know pods could be interested in same sex relationships with other pods. Still, modern world I suppose. :wink:

Purely out of interest mods, how is the above allowed, but even the most minor of expletives and posts get edited or deleted? I'm not of that persuasion myself, but I still find this more offensive than the word "crap" .....just saying.

not engaging your bait runner, especially when your rods are on a gay pod on a wooden or concrete platform and getting your system pulled in.

Much laughter. I did that! Thought I looked all cool with my £20 rod pod from ebay and my rods hooked up to a ton weight of a hanger and no alarms! took five minutes for my entire set up to go belly up in the lake and left me red faced as every angler around the 'puddle' looked over at me fishing it out.

Edited by G

Didn't know pods could be interested in same sex relationships with other pods. Still, modern world I suppose. :wink:

Purely out of interest mods, how is the above allowed, but even the most minor of expletives and posts get edited or deleted? I'm not of that persuasion myself, but I still find this more offensive than the word "poo" .....just saying.

Hahaha! It auto-edited the word I really put before even posting it! Technology is great! :)

Purely out of interest mods, how is the above allowed, but even the most minor of expletives and posts get edited or deleted? I'm not of that persuasion myself, but I still find this more offensive than the word "poo" .....just saying.

I don't agree with swearing of any kind, unfortunately, we have to deal with this as mods, and i feel, if you are going to ban one word then all should be banned, no exceptions. Even words hidden behind asterisks and other digits just aren't allowed. Sorry if this offends anyone, but its tough, rules are rules and we do have younger members on this forum, and you don't have to be a member to see what is written. I will always do my up most to keep the site clean as possible. We don't always see everything which is why we have a few mods on here.

I don't agree with swearing of any kind, unfortunately, we have to deal with this as mods, and i feel, if you are going to ban one word then all should be banned, no exceptions. Even words hidden behind asterisks and other digits just aren't allowed. Sorry if this offends anyone, but its tough, rules are rules and we do have younger members on this forum, and you don't have to be a member to see what is written. I will always do my up most to keep the site clean as possible. We don't always see everything which is why we have a few mods on here.

I agree Gary. My point was about the "gay pod" comment. Not specifically trying to point at one member for one comment, just that I've seen a few comments pretty much identical to this, as well as a couple of sexist slurs too. Now I personally am neither gay nor female, however I do find this sort of thing more offensive than swearing.

Not a big deal, just saw the comment and thought it worth a bit of a reply. :wink:

Ill mostly just edit posts unless they are really bad, then the poster gets a pm explaining why and asking not to do it again. It depends how bad and also the intent. There are a couple of words which fall into the grey area, but we just have to look at the intention it was used for. We realise there are mistakes, like how many people go to type carp and end up with crap, the post just simply needs an edit.

casting your rods before you have set your mat and net up

Guilty as charged. I did this last Monday morning. Fished a water that I had not fished before, had arranged to meet a mate there at 7am but I got there much earlier and I let my excitement get the better of me.

Didn't think there would be any harm in lobbing a great big lump of freelined luncheon meat out while I set the rest of my gear up. Wrong!!

Something big decided to take my offering on the drop.

All hell broke loose, and I was tying myself in knots trying to hang on to whatever it was that had taken my bait and trying to extract the landing net from my holdall.

I lost the fish in the end, and learnt a very valuable lesson.

:oops::oops: