Overlooked rookie errors

mlty

Thats all well and good but if you are a serial blanker then surely casting out prior to setting up your net & mat IS the way to go ?

Just get some one handed net-setting-up practise in because sods law dictates that no net & no mat = BIG fish one toner

Thats all well and good but if you are a serial blanker then surely casting out prior to setting up your net & mat IS the way to go ?

Just get some one handed net-setting-up practise in because sods law dictates that no net & no mat = BIG fish one toner

Make you right matt although have to say , its not always rookies or beginners who are guilty of that ,

Where i have to fish there are quite a few more , senior, shall we say,anglers who not only have their buzzers up at maximum but are also forever tugging on their line because they are paranoid that their alarms arent indicating properley.

At least i turn the volume off first before i do that

Ok i get the point about setting your net up before getting your rigs wet, but mat aswell?

My mat does not leave the barrow until it is needed. Any fish caught are secured in the net in the edge while i ready the mat, water, camera, scales ect. I amuses me when i see guys with these great big carp cradle carp doesn't touch the ground thingys set up in their swim when they are still yet to catch anything. If you need to move then surely thats just another item of kit that needs to be packed away! Leave em on the barrow guys n gals!

Taking your landing net down before your rods at the end of a session:shock:

I was fishing with a mate one day, (thank goodness) as I had packed my net up at the end of the trip when I had a take. I was playing a fish with him hurredly setting it up again. Without him I sincerely doubt whether I would have caught what at the time was a personal best fish from the river.

• 4 weeks later...

Recasting more than often or leaving the rods out too long I see people recasting every hour on a hard carp lake and some that leave them out for 24hrs + and choosing your swim based on how it had been fishing, choose swim on fish showing, wind direction, features etc

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous
Casting out too hard on a line clip, then deafening everyone on the lake with a sonic boom of a crack off.

I have never used my line clip for that reason, plus a 2 oz lead in a pva bag is just asking for it :lol:

Similar one, missing a run at stupid oclock am and casting back out to that sweet margin spot next to an island, only to not hear the splash as your kit sails into the trees on the island :shock: