Tackle theft

ozzyakadrew

Fishing equipment stolen in knifepoint robbery at Neighbridge Country Park at Somerford Keynes

5:06pm Tuesday 7th May 2013 in News By Ian Craig

A FISHERMAN was threatened with a knife while thieves stole £4,500 of equipment at Cotswold Water Park last week.

The 45-year-old from Chippenham was getting his fishing equipment out of his car at Neighbridge Country Park at Somerford Keynes at around 5.15pm on Sunday, May 5 when he was approached by three men in a van.

Two of the men got out of the vehicle and the victim was restrained and threatened with a knife while the thieves loaded a wheelbarrow into a blue or maroon Nissan Primastar van and drove off.

The items stolen included a range of fishing equipment including rods and reels, a cradle, a flotation sling, line alarms, a rod rest and a landing net as well as camping equipment including sleeping bags and a tent.

The thieves also got away with a Wave Runner Aton remote controlled bait boat, a Tracker cool box, a pair of Max Pro Logic salapettes and jacket along with some Reuben Heaton calibrated weighing scales and an Apple iPod.

The first offender was described as a clean-shaven white male in his late 20s or early 30s.

The second man was described as white, around 6ft tall with short hair. He was in his late 20s and of very muscular build with a think neck and was wearing a blue Fila jacket.

Both men had northern or north Midlands accents.

Anyone with any information can call Gloucestershire police on 101 quoting incident number 104 of May 5.

Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org

In some cases Crimestoppers offer rewards of up to £1,000 where information leads to a conviction.

• 4 weeks later...

I marked my fishing equipment with a uv pen and registering them on www.immobilise.com. So in the off chance they are found by the police or you see them on the internet or whatever you have a good chance of getting them returned you can get the uv pen and info from your nearest police station. Hope this helps

• 6 months later...
For scousers....... Who are normally know as tea leaves ive never met or come across anyone whose had there gear had off ...,,, if allowed take a dog if not take a big stick..... There very persuasive :wink::x

You have now.. I had a bivvy, a sleeping bag, and a very posh unhooking mat nicked

so what makes an unhooking mat posh :? . is it velvet lined or diamond encrusted :roll:

For scousers....... Who are normally know as tea leaves ive never met or come across anyone whose had there gear had off ...,,, if allowed take a dog if not take a big stick..... There very persuasive :wink::x

You have now.. I had a bivvy, a sleeping bag, and a very posh unhooking mat nicked

so what makes an unhooking mat posh :? . is it velvet lined or diamond encrusted :roll:

the small matter of 60 notes made it posh

it wasn't a 1mm piece of foam the size of an A4 pad with a piece of nylon on it in other words

It was a safe, huge mat for big fish.. (JRC extreme). at least it was until somebody nicked it.. sorry if I sound blunt but I didn't particularly enjoy having it nicked, what do you use, a second hand chopping board?

it wasn't a 1mm piece of foam the size of an A4 pad with a piece of nylon on it in other words

It was a safe, huge mat for big fish.. (JRC extreme). at least it was until somebody nicked it.. sorry if I sound blunt but I didn't particularly enjoy having it nicked, what do you use, a second hand chopping board?

well im sorry you had your mat nicked but its an expensive mat not a posh one. as for my mat i use a trakker mat. dont know what its called but its for very big fish, not big fish :wink::lol::lol::lol:

well im sorry you had your mat nicked but its an expensive mat not a posh one. as for my mat i use a trakker mat. dont know what its called but its for very big fish, not big fish :wink::lol::lol::lol:

You obviously haven't seen the JRC extreme.. it is about the size of a small yacht