How are the colors in your alarm set-up?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How are the colors in your alarm set-up?

• All Different
    • All the same

Apologies if there is a thread on this already ( tried a quick search)

Anyhow, I am in the market for a set of new alarms and whilst I am pretty convinced on what set I will be going for it has made me think about colours on peoples set up.

Place your vote on the poll above.....

This is a question for the tackle tarts. Although I can see how having different colours helps, it just isn't worth losing sleep over. Get good alarms at as cheap a price as possible, colour is secondary.

No ones losing any sleep over this fella. It's just a question I thought I'd pose as it was a topic amongst anglers when bank side the other night.

I've never really understood the need for different colours on my alarms, if I wake up at 2am to a run I'm going to head for the rod with the lit up buzzer, no matter what colour it is...I fish 3 rods so it's easy enough to remember which one's nearer the snags etc., which cancels out the red = danger, white = open water idea for me.

I go with all the same colour, I consider matching colours to be more tarty! :D

colour dont bother me as i tend to black'n my leds on my alarms so as not to draw attention to myself as i dont want the swim lit up declaring to everyone that im catching :wink: sounds extreme i know but on my lake there are anglers and there are danglers with the danglers seeing who catches and moves in on them , my sounder box tells me all i need to know which is tucked away in my bivvy

This is a question for the tackle tarts. Although I can see how having different colours helps, it just isn't worth losing sleep over. Get good alarms at as cheap a price as possible, colour is secondary.

Exactly.

Years ago you had the choice of red or red, then along came the addition of green.

My original Optonics were red I think, but when I bought the original Delkim made Delkims I bought red and green, and then with the addition of the allowed 3rd rod a white led.

I don't think that alarm led colour makes any difference to the actual indication, although an extremely bright white led can mess up night vision :wink:

one of mine is blue and the other is green. I always use a boilie on the blue one. But other than that it doesnt really bother me. It does help at night though when I have a look outside to see which one the single bleep has come from.

I did have a set of fox SXV alarms a few years ago and if used on pod one went off they all went off so didn't matter which colour. Many times in middle of night it was the 3rd rod I hit that had a fish on. :(

Where I fish now it's such a long time since I had a run can't remember what colour they are.

I find it quite handy having different colour led's, more so when your not getting takes but just the occasional bleep, you just have to look out of your bivvy to see which one it is. Its just a recognition thing really, also, bright handled little long nose pliers and side cutters, for unhooking purposes. Anything i can do to make my life easier on the bank the better. I hate fumbling around looking for stuff in the dark.

I did have a set of fox SXV alarms a few years ago and if used on pod one went off they all went off so didn't matter which colour. Many times in middle of night it was the 3rd rod I hit that had a fish on. :(

Where I fish now it's such a long time since I had a run can't remember what colour they are.

iv done that afew times too mate lol

Even though I have different alarm colours I still look out the bivvy door at a bleep.

On Nazeing there are a number of robins and kingfishers that do like sitting on the rods, so just going on the sounder box I may not see them unless I actually look out.

If the fish is taking line or the indicator is twitching then it is usually pretty obvious which one it is from a visual check, even in darkness as isotopes in the indicator help identify which one is which.

• 4 weeks later...

I like to have different colours, and set them up in the same order each time. Not for massively tarty reasons, just because I prefer to have the same tone and volume for each alarm as I can never remember which order the tones are in for some reason, so different colours mean I can tell which rod I'm getting bleeps on either by looking out into the dark, or looking at the receiver.

Been on yellow green and red on my mavers for ages, but getting a set of 3 delks and receiver next week from someone on my syndi! :D think they're purple, blue and white off the top of my head. That'll take some getting used to. I'm thinking right white, middle blue, and left purple. Hehe, ok, maybe a little tarty! ;P