hitting the same spot

2 bank sticks a rod lengths apart once you've clipped up wind your line between the 2 sticks. If it takes 12 and half turns then you've got your mark for that spot

If you get a fish and when your ready to recast count out the 12 n half turns clip up and bingo your back on the same spot. Easy to do in the middle of the night aswell :wink:

When you have clipped up make a mark or knot on your line around where your rod joint is with some electrical tape or pole elastic then after you have landed your fish cast out to the left or right of your spot till you see your knot or tag then clip it up again reel in put your hook bait/bag/stick on then wang it out on to your spot again or if you don't want to disturb your swim use two bank sticks a few meters apart drop your lead at one end then whip it round the bank sticks in a big circle till you see your tag or knot again clip up reel in attach hook bait/bag/stick and wang it out again.

I use some hi-viz marker braid to mark my line. I think is suffix… I’ve had it that long I can’t remember, only cost about £4. 4 turn stop knot at the first eye. You can go one step further and place a 2nd knot somewhere else, say at the. This lets you know if one of the knots has slipped at all, so you are always on the exact same distance. Handy if you’re fishing on a 10p piece in weed. I use the bank stick method, but I use the cygnet distance sticks. There’s no advantage to them over bank sticks that I’ve found, I’m just a tart.

iv done a lot of work from a boat recently ,and iv been amazed at far the lead flies towards the rod when using mono or fluoro with only just enough tension to straighten the line . im now starting think with a cast it will fly even further before starting to drop. id think most casts towards a marker wouldnt be any where close .....when stretch and depth/arch arent taken in to account in full on geek mode.

worked like a charm thanks lads, altho on one of the one casts i did think i had it clipped up ( and it wasnt) and managed to cross my line with the bloke fishing around the other side which i was very quickly to apologies to, learnt from my mistake tho :lol: