I saw a mate of mine hook a duck in mid flight while casting out it bought it down and then he had a full on scrap trying to reel it in to unhook it and another caught a duckling on the float then had the mother duck attacking him while he tried to untangle it makes me wish I had a camera phone back in the day :lol::lol:

I have had the misfortune coots, mallards, tufties and somehow a grebe got tangled up in the line.

I have unhooked and returned all of them safely to the lake.

Boy is it annoying, and embarrassing when it happens, but the wildlife is there first, I'm interferring in their part of the world, so I should do all I can to make sure that they are returned unharmed

Hooked a young swan up Longleat in April. Managed to pull it in to within a couple of feet and was about to grab/straddle it to unhook it when I looked to my left and saw a rather angry, fluffed up, hissing mother swan. The hook luckily came out before I got a beating! :oops:

A couple of weeks ago a bloke opposite me hooked a duckling on the surface. th mother duck made sure everyone on the lake knew what was going on! :lol:

Hooked a young swan up Longleat in April. Managed to pull it in to within a couple of feet and was about to grab/straddle it to unhook it when I looked to my left and saw a rather angry, fluffed up, hissing mother swan. The hook luckily came out before I got a beating! :oops:

A couple of weeks ago a bloke opposite me hooked a duckling on the surface. th mother duck made sure everyone on the lake knew what was going on! :lol:

Ahahahah!!!!

I have had the misfortune coots, mallards, tufties and somehow a grebe got tangled up in the line.

I have unhooked and returned all of them safely to the lake.

Boy is it annoying, and embarrassing when it happens, but the wildlife is there first, I'm interferring in their part of the world, so I should do all I can to make sure that they are returned unharmed

Good boy, Remember they live there,we are just visiting.!
Hooked swans, ducks and, worst of all, coots. Coots have reall vicious feet, something you don't want to come into contact with! Keep them at arms length whilst unhooking - it helps to have 3 arms.
Believe me boy coots are nothing compared to cormarants, ive hooked a few in my time,the hook on the end of the beak is razer sharp,had one hook my finger and then the thing tryed to take off! And the smell that comes up from the thoat when you unhook them.Nice

I had the pleasure of a having to land a duck this weekend, well I say land.... I mean it flew into a tree, got stuck, I went to save it and fell in! Ended up waist deep fighting a duck, not fun! My own fault, I looked away from the bait to make a fag. (yes my baccy got soaked when I took dip.....) Felt bloody terrible, she had two ducklings as well I thought I had destroyed a family!!!

Was all good though I saw them later and she seemed fine, she and her ducklings came to visit me in my swim so they where the only ones allowed to stay and get fed boillies :)

I had the pleasure of a having to land a duck this weekend, well I say land.... I mean it flew into a tree, got stuck, I went to save it and fell in! Ended up waist deep fighting a duck, not fun! My own fault, I looked away from the bait to make a fag. (yes my baccy got soaked when I took dip.....) Felt [censored] terrible, she had two ducklings as well I thought I had destroyed a family!!!

Was all good though I saw them later and she seemed fine, she and her ducklings came to visit me in my swim so they where the only ones allowed to stay and get fed boillies :)

One of the lakes I fish a little cheeky blackbird always comes to my swim and I can't help but feed him lol