Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
noobcarper

Ground nut oil

Hi ive read the threads associated to this but i hadn't got from it what i really wanted to know, so hope you don't mind me raising this again.

I read an article the other day which suggested coated my boilies in ground nut oil which should soak into the boilies if left and shaken every now and again. Apparently the benefit of doing this is when the carp come on the munch they release the oil and you might see slicks on the surface appear, so you know the carp are on your spot.

Has anyone used this method? It sounds effective. Also do any other oils do this such as hemp oil?

Hi Noob (have you got a real name?) I always put a splash of ground nut oil (peanut oil) into my bags of boilies before I leave for a day session. The oil wont soak into shelf life boilies very much as they seem to have a tougher skin, but it will leave a nice slick on the surface which means that there is oil droplets rising up in the water column. In the good old days I used to get really excited when a flat spot appeared above my hemp and corn bairted spots as it meant there was a wicked big fish mooching around. Oh the tension, no need for alarms.....

Hemp oil is expensive, supermarkets do ground nut oil in 500ml bottles for a couple of quid.

Ground nut oil is a good additive for all sorts of baits fella, its good as a boilie soak, in pva mixes even in spod mixes, seeds, pellets the lot, and it doesn't cost a lot either.

Oils can be fantastic attractors in and on boilies. They provide an instant energy source for carp and can prove very effective as an attractor as lipids (oils and fats) are not widely available in a freshwater aquatic environment.

Some of the more effective oils I have used in the past are:

Salmon oil

Hemp oil

Cod liver oil

Ground nut oil

Tiger nut oil

Nod oil

Bulk food oil (fish)

Toasted sesame oil

Use them sparingly and even more so in winter...