Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
phil090781

preparing hemp and particles for week session in france

Hi All,

I'm heading off to France for the first time in September, and was hoping to save some money by taking my own prepared particles.

I'm hoping to take 2 20L buckets, one filled with Hemp, and the other particles (pigeon conditioner).

I've heard that adding salt to the prepared particles will preserve them - does anyone know if this works (for a week?), and how much I need to add?

Thanks

Phil

Assuming you prepare it as near as possible to your trip and the buckets you are taking have sealed lids i would hope they would last the week without a problem . I will say i'm basing this on what makes sense in my head and i think decent sealed lids will be the important bit.

I can't comment about the pigeon conditioner but I use 2 x 20L buckets a week, one of hemp and one of maize. As long as you don't use sugar you should be OK. I have added salt before but it didn't seem to make any difference. It will smell a bit funky by the end of the week as it starts to ferment a bit but I quite like the smell......... Put the lids on the buckets at night as rats seem to go crazy for it near the end of the week. Good luck by the way.

Is there a fridge available?

I'm sure supermarkets sell ice over there, that will give you some piece of mind.

Be worth taking out what you think you will need in the first couple of days and freeze the rest should help to preserve it a bit.

As said above though, one week and made the day before you go should cause no problems - lots of people leave it a week before they use it anyway.

if your fishing a pay lake, the first thing you got to check is, will they allow you to bring your own particles. a lot of places i have been to wont allow you to bring particles unless they are the shop bought variety in sealed jars/tins. most places do their own, just to be on the safe side.