Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
newmarket

Loading barrows

Seriously fellas , do you guys have a system when it comes to loading your barrow ?

How do you stop it all falling off at the first bankside bump ?

Had a barrow for 4 years and used it teice because of this but im getting on a bit now and my back and shoulders are sick to death of the 4 or 5 trips from car to swim .

I should be using the barra' for one trip teo at the most , but is there a knack to loading one of these things properly ?

I only have a cheapo barrow and the back & sides are only about 18 inches high.

Any advice is appreciated.

From the bottom up:

Chair

Bivvy

Holdall

Storage box with food, stove, utensils etc

Bait bucket

Rod bag over the shoulder

Do dry run practices in the garage/shed to get the best stacking pattern for your barrow mate, and use one of the cargo nets as above as no matter where you go it's bound to be uneven ground.

From the bottom up:

Chair

Bivvy

Holdall

Storage box with food, stove, utensils etc

Bait bucket

Rod bag over the shoulder

Do dry run practices in the garage/shed to get the best stacking pattern for your barrow mate, and use one of the cargo nets as above as no matter where you go it's bound to be uneven ground.

Sorry, should have said this is MY stacking pattern, not a suggested one for you. :oops:

I had a cheap barrow with no sides, and found laying the chair/bedchair upside down with the legs opened up help to keep things from falling off the side.

Also keep the heavier items (bag etc) forward of, or over the wheel.

Thanks lads much appreciated . Looks like im going to be wheeling me barra' up & down the garden for the next few days.

She's gonna think i've finally lost it

I had an incident at the weekend with my barrow where I had to pull it up six shallow steps as I was in a rush because I needed to go for my morning poop I didnt unload it to walk my gear up the steps and reload my barrow at the top,

I just tried to pull it quickly up the steps on about the forth step the barrow undercarriage collapsed locking the wheel against the frame I tried in vain to get it up the last few steps but I could not do it,

At the same time all the straining had loosend my own undercarriage if you know what I mean and I had to let go of my barrow so I could run into the bushes for a squat I only had three squares of loo roll in my pocket,

it was not enough and I got spotted by a dog walker cursing at my misfourtune.

For every session you learn a lesson and mine was always unload your barrow and reload it at the top if you have to go up some steps and always carry a bit more loo roll in your pocket just incase you need it.

Apologies for taking it a bit off topic but I wouldnt want anybody to have the same thing happen to them.

Guest Anonymous
I had an incident at the weekend with my barrow where I had to pull it up six shallow steps as I was in a rush because I needed to go for my morning poop I didnt unload it to walk my gear up the steps and reload my barrow at the top,

I just tried to pull it quickly up the steps on about the forth step the barrow undercarriage collapsed locking the wheel against the frame I tried in vain to get it up the last few steps but I could not do it,

At the same time all the straining had loosend my own undercarriage if you know what I mean and I had to let go of my barrow so I could run into the bushes for a squat I only had three squares of loo roll in my pocket,

it was not enough and I got spotted by a dog walker cursing at my misfourtune.

For every session you learn a lesson and mine was always unload your barrow and reload it at the top if you have to go up some steps and always carry a bit more loo roll in your pocket just incase you need it.

Apologies for taking it a bit off topic but I wouldnt want anybody to have the same thing happen to them.

Some dog walkers don't mind the veiw, Ryton pools anyone :shock: