What Brolly/bivvy to be light and mobile?

Hello

I am looking to get a brolly or maybe another bivvy that will enable me to be more mobile, so will need to be put up and taken down quick and without too much hassle. I currently have a jrc sti rs bivvy but looking for something that little be easier and quicker to put up.

I have have been mainly looking at brolly system like the fox supa and warrior systems, and also the nash hog. I am just wondering what one people can recommed, are the brolly systems stable in medium to strong winds and what it like putting them up in strong winds.

thanks

I had a Cyprinus XLR8 day shelter which, while reasonably quick to put up was a bit of a faff.

Have recently purchased a Wychwood Solace HD 60" brolly. Love it to bits and can't believe how quick it is to get it up and running.

Haven't used it in strong winds yet, but I wouldn't have thought it would fare any worse than the Cyprinus.

Great quality too.

I ditched the huge bungalow bivvies and reverted back to a brolly a few years ago now. I have a trakker one but you will not go far wrong with a fox brolly, quality kit.

There are all much the same when it comes to putting them up but most will benefit from the addition of a couple of storm poles to help keep them stable in high winds. I have had mine up in some horrendous weather and with a couple of screw-in storm poles it's as solid as a rock...

I have been a user of the JRC stealth brolly for 2 seasons now. Although I wasn't sold at the start, because putting the front on (I'm a big girl) can be a bit of a PITA, but once it's up, it takes seconds to temp take it down and move house.

The one reason I will now always use brollies, is the fact you can cram them anywhere. If you put it up, you can just jam it into some trees, or a bush, and it will take the shape, they are very versitile, and with storm poles, i have fished some horrendous storms with no problem. Fishing difficult to access swims is a huge advantage.

I have been a user of the JRC stealth brolly for 2 seasons now. Although I wasn't sold at the start, because putting the front on (I'm a big girl) can be a bit of a PITA, but once it's up, it takes seconds to temp take it down and move house.

The one reason I will now always use brollies, is the fact you can cram them anywhere. If you put it up, you can just jam it into some trees, or a bush, and it will take the shape, they are very versatile, and with storm poles, i have fished some horrendous storms with no problem. Fishing difficult to access swims is a huge advantage.

I couldn't agree more... One of the best things about a brolly for me is the fact that they will fit in anywhere and you can set them up really low to the ground. I have fished many a swim where a huge bungalow bivvy just would not permit it.

My Wychwood 60" brolly got tested out in some very wet and windy weather this weekend. The rain gutter is an excellent idea, not sure if other brollies have them but it stops any dripping at the front of the brolly, all the rain is channeled down the sides and your front area remains dry.

However, if I had seen a Supa Brolly before buying the Wychwood, I would've got the fox....that recessed block is worth it's weight in gold.

It seem it down to the fox supa and jrc stealth.

I prefer the look of the supa, but would prefer the full system so is the supa space saving design, worth the extra £100-120 to the jrc stealth mk2 system which has the rear vents.

I have never had a brolly shelter, so do the ribs get in the way that much?

Thanks

AVID Ascent brolly system - awesome shelter, still gets my vote - no regrets after 1 years use in all weathers, I deffo picked the right shelter on build quality and features - just what I wanted and a lot more too - happy camping! :D

Totally agree mate they are the muts nuts for sure