Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ms1970

Baitrunner reel £40 or under

Hi looking to purchase a new baitrunner reel, unfortunately funds only limited to £40.

Been looking at Okuma reels currently on offer at Go Outdoors. Any other recommendations please.

Hi looking to purchase a new baitrunner reel, unfortunately funds only limited to £40.

Been looking at Okuma reels currently on offer at Go Outdoors. Any other recommendations please.

My recommendation would be to go to a proper tackle shop. Any decent tackle dealer will advise you on the right reel for your requirements without fleecing you in the process.

Okuma reels are OK.

I've got 2 that are well over 10 years old now, been abused (kids took them to the coast and clattered them over rocks) and they are still working as smoothly as the day I bought them.

And they have never seen a drop of oil in all that time.

Hi there, I too rate okuma reels have been using small bait runners for a while and have just got a couple of the bigger reels so will see how they do this year. One of which I got from go outdoors when they were on offer.

hope you find what you are after / can afford

tight lines

:)

I have an okuma silvara reel that i've had for years .

I tend to use it on my barbel rod when im surface fishing because its so light, caught many a carp to mid-double size and i've never had a problem with it .

I'd certainly recommend em .

If dosh is your issue though , and you would really prefer something more expensive , then maybe look at the chapmans or fishtec websites/catalogues ?

Use your 40 quid as a deposit and pay off monthly ?

Not sure if there has to be a minimum spend , just a thought ?