Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
userlee5267

best mono had some problems?

signed upto brymbo pool wrexham. had a new okuma silvara and loaded it with some NGT camou. everytime i catch something that takes a good 10 mins to bring in the line gives and snaps. i thought maybe it was my knots but having used all of them with no sucess i say its my line is rubbish. its rated 8lbs but seems brittle knots dont hold, line twists on swivels. i have just bought some daiwa sensor but been told mixed storys about it most saying its terrible grrr. any advice?

anyone ever used the NGT camou. just reeled it off my reel and it feels like sandpaper and it seems very very brittle, the stuff i bought was brand new and seems ok coming of the spool of line i bought. so why as it gone like sandpaper on the reel? its only been on there for six weeks top?. is it something i am doing wrong when i am winding it onto my reels?

Have you been fishing near any gravel bars lately?, or do you know of any snags in the water where you fish? If its on certain sections of the line then this could be why your getting snapped off and having the sandpaper texture along the line. but if its all the way through then I would put it down to poor quality.

I haven't ever used Daiwa sensor but from what I've read a lot of anglers like it.

Have you been fishing near any gravel bars lately?, or do you know of any snags in the water where you fish? If its on certain sections of the line then this could be why your getting snapped off and having the sandpaper texture along the line. but if its all the way through then I would put it down to poor quality.

I haven't ever used Daiwa sensor but from what I've read a lot of anglers like it.

In my honest opinion if Daiwa Sensor was twice the price that it is it would still be a bargain.

I've yet to hear any thing good about the NGT stuff.

Sufix Synergy, now there's a line! Or would be if they hadn't stopped making it! Damn fools.........fortunately I was given the heads up and bought what was advertised as the very last on eBay, although I'd bet there's some left, somewhere. If so, buy it. It sinks quicker than you can say it and has good abrasion resistance and no memory, hence no coiling on the cast or the retrieve. Good kit.

Ian

Never even heard of it. Daiwa sensor has been around since the invention of pre-sliced bread, in fact, their used to be a saying, that's the best thing since daiwa sensor. Just stick to a well known, well reported line that has been around for a billion years, and you won't go far wrong.

Another vote for Sensor from me.

I've use it pretty much exclusively for years and find it a great line in the strains of 10-15lb.

The 'sandpaper' texture is most certainly damaged or de-graded line.

Abrasion? Nylon mono can be susceptible to degradation from Ultra violet light. It's possible that you have some line from a dodgy batch.

I'd strip it off and re-spool with new line.

cheers all yes think it was a dodgy batch was all the way through from start to finish of the reel. what a ball ache lost some massive fish due to this. the daiwa sensor seems quality. i couldnt even tie a proper knot in the NGT camou they just usually pulled lose. seems the NGT line on the bulk spool seems ok now after taking off loads of line but i cant trust it anymore so i have binned it

I've used Daiwa Sensor in brown for absolutely years with no problems.

I have also tried the Gardner Pro-Carp in 15lb since receiving some just before release and can say that that is also a good line.

Beware of things that can weaken line:

Line twist, caused by playing fish off the clutch, and even allowing plenty of line to come off the spool in baitrunner mode.

Small nicks and fractures in the line, caused by rubbing over snags, weeds and bottom debris

Leaving in sunlight for long periods. When not fishing, try to keep the reel spool in the sun, as UV light weill weaken the line over time.

Never accept old spools from the tackle shop as they can also be weaker than fresh line.

bought some daiwa sensor had a nice 7lb common here is a pic.

2saavit.jpg

the old NGT wouldn't of pulled it in. the old line is so bad i can snap it with my bare hands. I have emailed the company i bought it off and had no reply... :twisted: .

i have lost some really big fish due to that line and i am gutted about it

Shimano Technium

Expensive, but serious quality:

sinks, low stretch equals better indication and more direct fish playing sensitivity, supplied in a completely sealed from sunlight tin, and tougher than B.A Barracus on steroids :D

Get a gardner spin doctor and use it after almost every session.. :wink:

daiwa sensor is good line but takes a bit of time to sink,just switched to esp crystal cheap,invisible,its good line ngt camo bit to cheap and cheerful. Also nash's budget line (cant remember the name) is getting a very good write up lately something to consider :D

Shimano Technium

Expensive, but serious quality:

sinks, low stretch equals better indication and more direct fish playing sensitivity, supplied in a completely sealed from sunlight tin, and tougher than B.A Barracus on steroids :D

Get a gardner spin doctor and use it after almost every session.. :wink:

I too am sold on the Technium. I have used Sensor before (and been happy with it) but there is a definite step up in quality with the Technium. I am using 10lb at the moment and have landed fish to just under 26 on it. Have got a tin of 15lb ready for my trip over to France in June as the fish run to mid 40's on the lake I'm going to and it's also a bit "snaggy". It is dearer than Sensor but I am a lot more confident with it on my reels.