Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
adders60

One for the wish list Rig making shopping list

How about a rig making shopping list guide

I know there is rig tying how about a section on what important must have parts you need to make up a particular rig that is safe and works

Can be done without reference to brands but listing all needed parts so newcomers learn quickly to get the correct parts

Can be done without reference to brands

that would be tricky, take an out turned eye hook..all brands have there own name, SR(fox), chod (korda, gardner) and avids CHD..........which for me is missing the O factor :lol::lol:

i agree it would help many.

the list would be short and simple without brands component names

hook.

hooklink material-coated-uncoated-stiff-mono-fluorocarbon.

shot or putty.

shrink tube

thats not going into lead set ups.or attachments.

the trouble i see is, if new to carp rigs, and even if your not, the names of each part arent clear on what they are or do in alot of cases and can be confusing. so the list would need to name every possible component so when in the tackle shop you'd know that the hook-or hooklink would do the same for the rig your tying, and if out of stock of your normal brand which others will do the same...which i why i pointed out about hooks. the chod is a popular rig and lots of questions are asked about it, just to say "buy a chod hook" would narrow the choice down severely..and could mean you paid more for product and may be inferior to others. :)

I think hooklink materials are a big confusing factor. 99% or my rigs consist of,

15lb kryston merlin

15lb ESP stiff rigger

20lb corda IQ2

15lb coated braid of your choice. Personally I use armalead.

It's a minefield, but owning just 4 materials (5 counting line from your reel) and you can achieve any presentation you want without getting confused.

I agree yes 2 types of rig , pop up & bottom bait .

Thats the reason i suggested aligning the "shopping" list with the rig pics and lead set ups in the stickies .

I think it was nick and 666cc who posted the original pics and if memory serves , it is pretty basis stuff.

That should be sufficient beanzy me old mate . If a newcomer to carp fishing wants to know about all those fancy rigs then they should buy total carp or a korda dvd