Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

34 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

Yes it is, up and horizontally mate. Its good for the price. Put it this way, in France I started off using buzz bars, rained so much I got pod out and extended it and pushed the sticks in a foot into the ground. I had some amazing takes and it held up OK. 

Cheers bud, im ordering it now & im getting the rod pod luggage bag they do so I can keep my alarms on the bars.

22 hours ago, snoozer said:

They are Stainless and weigh a fair bit for the size of em, Got a set somewhere in the Tackle shed with other various "Good idea but never got used" items :)

This is what i read on Angling Direct

Wychwood Aluminium Pocket Rod Pod with Bank Sticks,

This is a unique patented design. Aluminium pocket rod pod converts your bank sticks into a rod pod in less than 1 minute.

Simply screw in four of your bank sticks into the leg positions of the Pocket Rod Pod. Any size bank sticks can be used, but the recommended is 7-9 inches in length.

2. To complete the pod screw a standard bank stick* into the central position. Any size bank stick can be used, although the recommended bank stick is 16-20 inches in length.

Pocket Pod Kit comes with 4 x 7.5inch banksticks and 1 x 18inch bankstick for bracing the pod.

yeah that's correct size 14s.  A pair of those sit nicely in a sprat deadbait and all of it including a lead sit neatly inside a large pva bag.  I use them early season if I need to cast a fair distance.

26 minutes ago, bigtrev said:

yeah that's correct size 14s.  A pair of those sit nicely in a sprat deadbait and all of it including a lead sit neatly inside a large pva bag.  I use them early season if I need to cast a fair distance.

Would be a good end of season trick, when the usual deadbaits are starting to get ignored!

15 hours ago, bigtrev said:

Ive just impulse purchased some size 14 trebles in preparation for the forthcoming winter pike season.

Funny you mention winter, ive just brought a couple of things for the colder months before the prices rise.

Cyprinus 5 season bag

NGT stove/cook kit bag

Gas adapter: to use the small & cheap cartridges

Well i was wandering around Asda today and was horrified to see them selling these advertised as pencil cases which clearly they aint cause they be Carpy dpm camo bits'n'bobs pouches, So i took it upon myself to clear them of the 4 they had left on the shelf and at £3 a throw i thought Bargain.

2017_08_06_13_51_12.jpg

Turned the corner and these were on sale in the Camping section so they got added to the trolley :) 4 cooking pots which fit together just like the Carpy ones, £10.00 that'l do..

2017_08_06_13_50_50.jpg

Edited by snoozer

15 minutes ago, snoozer said:

Well i was wandering around Asda today and was horrified to see them selling these advertised as pencil cases which clearly they aint cause they be Carpy dpm camo bits'n'bobs pouches, So i took it upon myself to clear them of the 4 they had left on the shelf and at £3 a throw i thought Bargain.

2017_08_06_13_51_12.jpg

Turned the corner and these were on sale in the Camping section so they got added to the trolley :) 4 cooking pots which fit together just like the Carpy ones, £10.00 that'l do..

2017_08_06_13_50_50.jpg

I take it them pots would be on sale in most asda stores mate? I could really do with a set myself lol. 

13 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

They're fine if u like scraping burnt food off the bottom......

For a tenner i'll scrape, Or turn the flame down on the candle :) (fancy that NOT non stick at that price :( )

I would imagine there in most stores, These are in Kettering store isle 954 if iirc :)

Edited by snoozer

Well asked the Wife what the verdict was, Reply was wipe round first time with a small amount of cooking oil, Don't try and cook it in 10 seconds and you should be fine darling :)

Just tried some yummi Tom soup.

Judge for yourselves.

20170806_150247.jpg

20170806_150254.jpg

20170806_150352.jpg

20170806_150529.jpg