Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

I put it as a 'purchase', but it's really a free pick up. I helped a mate today to go through some basic bait making as I made my Spiced Garlic pop-ups, I basically made 3kilos of boilies with 50/50 High Leakage mix so he could see how easy it is, and I was given a Spod and Marker Kit; 2 marker floats, Giant Spod, and a Trapdoor Spod

Handy!

On 11/09/2017 at 21:22, crusian said:

Not as aesthetically pleasing as the Osprey :D , but it looks just the job .

Did you just " knock it up " in your garden shed Ian or can you buy it somewhere ? .

:) 

The link was in the post, and in this one, the underlined text.

On 12/09/2017 at 08:22, yonny said:

Good suggestion mate but it needs to be significantly higher..... decent find though.

I thought it didn't need to be high as it's just to stop your landing net swimming off :oops:

There are various clip on / bolt on  pole hooks which used to be used by match anglers for holding the pole, think they use a bar these days and sit on the butt held in carefully crafted slots in the seat.

As much as I don't like camo, just bought one of these to help protect my new reels............

https://sabertackle.com/luggage/115-dpm-12ft-6-rod-holdall.html

My old rod sleeve (TFG) is okay but it's a bit of a tight fit to get my Shimmy's in there, and I am worried I'm going to damage them.

Just wish they'd offered it in plain olive green.............. :(:( 

£35.00 delivered off the 'bay so a bit of a bargain.

Edited by smufter

Qdos 3 Rod Goalpost Pod

3kg Nash Candy Nut Crunch (buy 2 get 2 free),

Stove, case of gas, 2ltr kettle, pans, cutlery.

korda terminal-  hooks swivels beads leads,

2x NGT 6000 dynamic reels,

3x ron thompson bite alarm set.

PVA bundle 

42" net stink bag.

Cord to repair bivvy poles

Thats about it i think..🎣🎣

Needed some pellets for mi bags n rhought about local tackle shop...got 10kg of plain pellet (sack burst) sold as damaged and reported to supplier...and some Rod Hutchinson betaine liquid for £21..👍👍🎣🎣

On 9/15/2017 at 06:30, smufter said:

As much as I don't like camo, just bought one of these to help protect my new reels............

https://sabertackle.com/luggage/115-dpm-12ft-6-rod-holdall.html

My old rod sleeve (TFG) is okay but it's a bit of a tight fit to get my Shimmy's in there, and I am worried I'm going to damage them.

Just wish they'd offered it in plain olive green.............. :(:( 

£35.00 delivered off the 'bay so a bit of a bargain.

Thankfully, the ebay seller contacted me to say that he had run out of stock after all and refunded me.

Found this one instead......luckily it's Olive green. I hate Camo gear.

s-l1600.png

a new baiting needle as I snapped mine at the weekend, and a daiwa procaster ST-30H for a bargain price of £22! Not the greatest condition and no front drag (censored) but a touch up and finding a (censored) and it'll be worth £80-100...or a place in my ever growing collection

On 23/09/2017 at 05:39, smufter said:

Thankfully, the ebay seller contacted me to say that he had run out of stock after all and refunded me.

Found this one instead......luckily it's Olive green. I hate Camo gear.

s-l1600.png

You got 50mm butt rings? I had this, bit snug, starts wearing through. Just a heads up 

I don't mean that old mate, more like 20 years old

I got some old whisker kevlars, amazing casting accuracy and the blanks are incredibly strong they have lost no test curve over the years

Cane rods would be great one day. I'd like to try rebuilding/restoring some. Those things are also unbelievably strong much to my surprise

But I'm fond of rebuilding cheap rods, endless fun and the rod can be transformed sometimes fairly easily into a high performing one, doubtful whether a cheap blank has much integrity/durability in it - but easily replaced!

On 19/09/2017 at 15:12, Highy said:

Qdos 3 Rod Goalpost Pod

3kg Nash Candy Nut Crunch (buy 2 get 2 free),

Stove, case of gas, 2ltr kettle, pans, cutlery.

korda terminal-  hooks swivels beads leads,

2x NGT 6000 dynamic reels,

3x ron thompson bite alarm set.

PVA bundle 

42" net stink bag.

Cord to repair bivvy poles

Thats about it i think..🎣🎣

NGT stuff is very interesting and the prices are unbelievable

Yet to hear any bad reviews on it, same with Ron Thompson seen loads of it out on the bank, some in use for years

I might get some of the NGT Cat rods and give them a rebuild here and there if needed

Cant fault NGT..use Korda terminal...its all ok to start off but ive upgraded the Alarms and next will be the rods..might try the Dynamic range of NGT as there all fully carbon.

Don't be afraid of the glass rods mate, the really cheap ones. I believe NGT are the only people making glass rods anymore. I don't know what the actions are like but in my opinion glass is underrated performance wise, not fabulous casting but fab to play fish on.. It's extremely durable and tough as well..

Oh yeah and I too would never buy cheap line or terminal tackle

Edited by Lee Kashan

Anyway my newest purchase is usually something little, just bought some Fox Coretex soft hooklink to try, not sure if it will be as good asd my Tungsten Loaded soft but we'll see

And some black rod thread to rebuild some cheap spinning rods for a bass session later in the week can't wait