Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

Excuse my possible naivety , but what are the finger things for, I've spodded and never needed to cover my finger. I'm relatively new to fishing mind, am I doing it wrong? 😂

 

48 minutes ago, Old school said:

Probably just a gimmick, or I’m getting old and worry more but heard a few stories of it going horribly wrong and finger cuts to the bone! Someone will reply with more experience at spodding than I have 😂 

 

18 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

You’ll only have one mishap spodding before you’ll use a finger stall...... you don’t have to slice your finger open for it to be painful 😣 

I have seen someone who decided using braid straight through for spodding was clever, until they had a miscast, and indeed did cut their finger to the bone. 

Personally, I don't use a finger stall, but I also refuse to use braid for spodding, using mono with a decent shockleader. I still get the occasional miscast, but not enough to worry about. I did try using a finger stall, but found with mono the line slipped and I had more miscasts.

However, a finger stall is very useful if you are constantly casting pushing long casts, on spod and fishing rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up 2lb rag worm, diced and sliced and being hydro'd

Ordered a couple of spomb floats,

Ordered some Fox tapered mono leaders, not sue what came over me yesterday, the retro shock leader I bought cheap, was out of pure nostalgia I think. It is like an actual pigs tail, thick, pink, and cork screwy..

Oh and my spomb rod arrived today, looks and feels lovely...

My Trakker 13ft single rod skin came too..... Bit disappointing really, I think these are a mk2 version, its on a par with something like NGT, bit thin on the padding and no ties or loops as retainers inside, so there's a strong possibility that the rod sections will move about or rub together... Also. they don't come with a shoulder strap, not that I use one, but you'd think they'd be a bit cheaper without one. Not a patch on the multiple rod skins they do imo, which are very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Picked up 2lb rag worm, diced and sliced and being hydro'd

Ordered a couple of spomb floats,

Ordered some Fox tapered mono leaders, not sue what came over me yesterday, the retro shock leader I bought cheap, was out of pure nostalgia I think. It is like an actual pigs tail, thick, pink, and cork screwy..

Oh and my spomb rod arrived today, looks and feels lovely...

My Trakker 13ft single rod skin came too..... Bit disappointing really, I think these are a mk2 version, its on a par with something like NGT, bit thin on the padding and no ties or loops as retainers inside, so there's a strong possibility that the rod sections will move about or rub together... Also. they don't come with a shoulder strap, not that I use one, but you'd think they'd be a bit cheaper without one. Not a patch on the multiple rod skins they do imo, which are very good.

Ignore Spomb floats, get Deadbait High risers pop-up foam. They are actually tapered and fit straight inside the Spomb on the pin already😉

 

No carp tax...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a purchase as such...a friend came back from France on Tuesday and this morning asked if need any bait (not really) but yeh go on...2.5kg of Xcel K.S.C (Krill Squid Crab) in 15mm (ive got the V.N.F) ..also given me 7 backleads (luminous PINK) how can i change colour....Hammerite???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like ive loads of bait...but The Nash coconut is for my local water...love white baits...

Also the Nash candy nut with Manilla liquid and manilla pellets also go with the V.N.F...Vanilla Manilla Nutty scent smell...u get my drift...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Highy said:

Not a purchase as such...a friend came back from France on Tuesday and this morning asked if need any bait (not really) but yeh go on...2.5kg of Xcel K.S.C (Krill Squid Crab) in 15mm (ive got the V.N.F) ..also given me 7 backleads (luminous PINK) how can i change colour....Hammerite???

Keep them backleads bright,mate. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Highy said:

Not a purchase as such...a friend came back from France on Tuesday and this morning asked if need any bait (not really) but yeh go on...2.5kg of Xcel K.S.C (Krill Squid Crab) in 15mm (ive got the V.N.F) ..also given me 7 backleads (luminous PINK) how can i change colour....Hammerite???

why do you need to darken them? they dont need to be camouflaged in the margins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

When you see a big fish diving on your pink backlead get a pink pop up on,mate. 😉😬😬

Speaking of pink pop ups...just looked at my gear and ive got a tub of Mainline Milky Toffee smothered in PINK almond goo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Highy said:

Speaking of pink pop ups...just looked at my gear and ive got a tub of Mainline Milky Toffee smothered in PINK almond goo...

Guess who's been watching the Korda underwater DVD!! Lol

Have you caught anything on em? A bloke I know tried em a few times, no joy. Sales gimmick, me thinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, commonly said:

Guess who's been watching the Korda underwater DVD!! Lol

Have you caught anything on em? A bloke I know tried em a few times, no joy. Sales gimmick, me thinks

Honestly...i bought em off a mate who had been selling up...i bought all his pellets and Nash Boilies but the pop ups and some cell wafters were in the bottom of the bucket...not used 1 yet..but been told they are a good winter bait..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Highy said:

20180921_185309.thumb.jpg.866f5ce871e914770ebcaceb51dcb5c2.jpg20180921_185336.thumb.jpg.76690a1f20ef52237f6536bda5a00481.jpg

Again....Not a purchase but same friend says you need a bed for your lad...yep...hes got a sonik sleep system now...hesays you can have this for him...Nash Indulgence Mark3...slight rip...how much ?? for your lad FREE 😁😁

You've bought or acquired more stuff than the other 238 pages combined I think highy. "Highy commented on what is your newest purchase" is the bulk of my notifications always 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

You've bought or acquired more stuff than the other 238 pages combined I think highy. "Highy commented on what is your newest purchase" is the bulk of my notifications always 😂

Sooner or later (spring) i will have a good sort out...👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Highy said:

Sooner or later (spring) i will have a good sort out...👍

I'm like you, always buying bits. But i did recently have a good sort out. Amazing how much money I got for the bits and bobs on eBay. And the biggest plus is I can now find everything  haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×