Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Today i broke my only splicing needle, so of the the local dealer for a new one,

A few additional items fell into my hands and £40 later barely enough to cover the bottom of a carrier bag  :roll:

But i still needed them ...honest  :mrgreen:

Armour point hooks
Korda rig rings
Gardner hook doctor (like it)
A Chub unhookimg mat, from cash convertors, haggled them down to a tenner.
And a umbrella with sides and removable centre pole from argos, sturdy bit of kit for £27.
Got my eye on a Nash dwarf rod, I think I will get a much better cast with a 10' rod, I'd like the three and a half lb test, just waiting to see if the prices come down a bit, or chapmans do a deal with that rod, they are doing a free Dawia rod with their entry level bait runner reel at the moment.

Oh, and some 30 plus back leads, I'm starting to like this 30 Plus tackle, I bought their PVA bags last year, they are real tuff and thick, but melt down lovely in the water.

And a Korum bobbin, cus I lost my Fox mini swinger, mrs says she's going to sow to my sleeves if I lose any more, so I need a set of mini swingers and some PVA

I keep pondering over a new set of danglers, i made mine years ago as i wanted white ones - then next season, white bobbins came out and were all the rage! No reason why i need to replace them, just browsing... etu7upy2.jpgegarutas.jpg

I forget when i made these out of bits from homebase, about 12-14yrs ago i think...

:rolleyes:

I bought a slightly used JRC 2-rib brolly yesterday. 

I've got a JRC 2x tg already that I'll be using for long(er) sessions, but wanted something that was quick, easy and light that I could chuck up in a matter of minutes for short stints at the bank for when the weather turns damp.

I put it up when I got home and was impressed how quick it went up. Brilliant, less time farting about with the brolly, more time fishing !!

I'm also waiting for Sonik to deliver me a new landing net handle after standing on my other one last week ................ oops !!!

Well the wife doesnt think my "rod" is sexy, for shame...

Queue groans of dispair from the sensible among you...

(sexual innuendo bingo!!) :lol::D

Theres an answer to that somewhere :)

My latest purchase is 4 Jag prolite 15" adjustable bank sticks (stapley did them for me for £100) they go nicely with my Jag prolite 3 rod snagbars. . Very very very light compared with the 4 stainless steel bank sticks, and the pair of matrix rock solid 3 rod snag bars that I won't be lugging around any more.

I like it! I got smashed up in afghanistan in 2012, only had a week left on tour and got into a massive dust up with the taliban, my mate lost 3 limbs and i permanently mangled my shoulder whilst treating him. (i'm a military medic) to be honest, im still not right, physically (to be expected - but all my limbs are still attached!!) or mentally either. Due to leave the army after 11yrs service in december bacause of injuries sustained. I have been priveledged to have served in many different regiments. Although i have never called upon the services of military charities (i dont consider myself injured enough) i 100% back their work and wish the charities shouldnt have to supply these services. 7arytu8y.jpg this was taken a few days before i was wounded, i had gone through 7 months of fighting, been shot at, blown up, shot back, hit a few, treated 33 massively injured allies, (plus countless others of afghan men, women and children caught up in the taliban's cowardly tactics) thought i was home and dry. Then a routine patrol went sour and it happened. Anything that helps lads that were hurt far worse than i was, deserve all the help they get. More lads leave afghan/iraq wounded than anyone woukd ever know, but we did our job, and combat missions have ended.

Thankyou to all who do their bit for military charities. :lol:

You boys and girls are hero's and deserve all the help this county can offer. Without you guys past and present the county we no would be no more.

I thank you for all you did and do

You boys and girls are hero's and deserve all the help this county can offer. Without you guys past and present the county we no would be no more.

I thank you for all you did and do

Agreed 100%, its you boys and girls that allow us to sleep safe in our beds at night, its you guys that allow us to walk the streets safely, if I ran this government, no ex-servicemen/women would be ignored and I would make sure  you were put straight to the top of the queue for housing, benefits, and everything else that comes with it...

Back on topic..

New Daiwa Infinity 85l carryall, for the days when a 50l bag isn't enough !

And I thought by going carp fishing I'd be carrying less !!!