What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

+

local feed company.  (east sussex :)  )

15kg hemp

37.5kg pidgeon conditioner

20 kg whole maize

£65.95

should be over 100kg prepared :)

Anyone have an idea of how long dry feed last?

I've had a load stored in my shed (In large dog feed containers), but it must be 4 years+ old.

It still all looks OK, with no sign of mold or anything like that.

+

I've had a load stored in my shed (In large dog feed containers), but it must be 4 years+ old.

It will be fine mate, you can store seeds for hundreds of years and they still grow when planted, so the inner kernel must still be in tip top condition.

+

I'd say it's ok if there's no mould. As long as it's dry it should be ok :)

Just got next weeks bait in and a few long term bits to mix up, got the usual mainline kit and also got some vortex pellets, pop ups and bottom bait barrels, the vortex stuff smells  like the liver boilies tails up do. got my 30 plus pva bags BB shot and I'm good to go. Might do two days with one over-night next week, I'm still getting there when they open, even if I am stopping over night. :mrgreen:

Spending a blooming fortune at the moment..... :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Just bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OUT-JRC-CONTACT-COOLER-FOOD-BAG-FOR-CARP-FISHING-1276373-/150976351427?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item2326e44cc3

Luckily, I found one place listing it for £39.99 and managed to nab the last one.

Another "Smiffy" bargain!

:wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Edited by smufter

Spending a blooming fortune at the moment..... :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Just bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OUT-JRC-CONTACT-COOLER-FOOD-BAG-FOR-CARP-FISHING-1276373-/150976351427?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item2326e44cc3

Luckily, I found one place listing it for £39.99 and managed to nab the last one.

Another "Smiffy" bargain!

:wink::wink::wink:

Yes mate i've seen quite a few of em about at that price on ebay , probably the same seller that you have used .

They are really good (im a big fan of most jrc stuff :)) but i've never been able to justify the outlay for what amounts to pretty much what i just chuck into my old cool bag when i go fishing .

At least you'll be organized though :)

Edited by newmarket

Yes mate i've seen quite a few of em about at that price on ebay , probably the same seller that you have used .

They are really good (im a big fan of most jrc stuff :)) but i've never been able to justify the outlay for what amounts to pretty much what i just chuck into my old cool bag when i go fishing .

At least you'll be organized though :)

Last time I went on an overnighter I had bits and pieces of food in various bags, along with knives and forks etc. a right old mess.

Like you say, this will keep me organised.

I'm out next Saturday on my first of the year. Hopefully this well arrive by then.

Missus has done me some chicken curry and rice, and that's sitting in the freezer at the moment. 

I'll be getting sausages and bacon for brekkie, the mate who's coming with me is providing the beans, eggs and black pudding.

Cushty!!

I've been eying up a whicker pick nick set in a local shop. It's completely impractical, but it even comes with port glasses and a cheese knife! That's living the dream!

Stainless wicker ? :). Or camou ? :)

There really is no helping some people, three bloke fishing loads of rod each all over the place and cans of beer every where, said to one of them, watch your third rod The EA are on the way around checking licences, it's ok he says, I have paid on the way in for three rods, in a real moody drunk way, I just left him to it didn't even know what I was on about by the sound of him, unlucky.

PVA tape, and I stopped at the post office to grab a Rod licence for next week, the EA have today just turned Lavender Hall and Barston over, they had nine from Lavender and they were doing a load more around Barston, I might go back up in a bit see how empty it is.

Cant believe that people , in this day and age , try and dodge buying a licence .

£28 or whatever it is now for a whole years fishing and they would rather spend it on beer ffs .

Beers ok but theres a time and place for it and it aint while your fishing imo

Medium size Spomb. 30lb Berkley whiplash braid for my spod n marker rod and more nutrabaits pop ups because I cant find the right ones to catch me a blooming fish. I wish my self luck tomorrow day/night

Keep at it matey it'll happen . Sounds like your blaming yer hookbaits though and that probably aint the reason .

Keep reading , keep researching your water , keep blanking and most importantly LEARN from each session .

If it aint happening ring the changes for sure but it isnt usually the bait ...:)

When you catch i'll be the first one saying well done !

Edited by newmarket

Cant believe that people , in this day and age , try and dodge buying a licence .

£28 or whatever it is now for a whole years fishing and they would rather spend it on beer ffs .

Beers ok but theres a time and place for it and it aint while your fishing imo

Keep at it matey it'll happen . Sounds like your blaming yer hookbaits though and that probably aint the reason .

Keep reading , keep researching your water , keep blanking and most importantly LEARN from each session .

If it aint happening ring the changes for sure but it isnt usually the bait ... :)

When you catch i'll be the first one saying well done !

One guy was only just getting his stuff out the car and they had him, he was protesting that he wasn't fishing yet, they were having none of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been to my local tackle shop today and bought a set of Delkim TXi's complete with receiver, snag ears, ES indicator sets, D-Loks and case. Not only that, although the price was the same as everywhere else, he also gave me 10% discount !!

Can't moan at that !!

Just a little tip....

If you ever buy your wife a Kindle Fire, or other such device, do not download the e-bay app (to show her how it works), link it to your own account and then forget about it.

I found out today that she has seen everything I have bought over the last couple of months via instant notifications.

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Edited by smufter