What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

I find most of the tfg stuff quite good with the exception of the force 8 bivvy.

That was shockingly pants

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

and what may i ask was wrong with the force 8?

i have had one since 2012 and only just upgraded, never a problem with it at all and only upgrading cos the wife said i had to have a new one if i was going to do socials :lol:

TFG produce some really stand out stuff for a so called 'budget' company, just cos its not got the draw that Nash or Fox has dont make it cr ap do it? and imo the only reason its 'cheap' is that your not paying for the Kudos tag that the major brands bring.

and what may i ask was wrong with the force 8?

i have had one since 2012 and only just upgraded, never a problem with it at all and only upgrading cos the wife said i had to have a new one if i was going to do socials [emoji38]

TFG produce some really stand out stuff for a so called 'budget' company, just cos its not got the draw that Nash or Fox has dont make it cr ap do it? and imo the only reason its 'cheap' is that your not paying for the Kudos tag that the major brands bring.

I hated the force 8.

Too small.

Too cold.

When it used to rain I always ended up with water in the bivvy somehow.

I'd rather sleep inside an elephant carcass that is being eaten by vultures and all types of horrible smelly things.

[emoji3]

I hated the force 8.

Too small.

Too cold.

I'd rather sleep inside an elephant carcass that is being eaten by vultures and all types of horrible smelly things.

[emoji3]

well!! cant fault that bud :lol:

must have got a bogie, the first one i had a rib joint snapped when i was trying it out in the garden.

called the shop up and went right back for an exchange, never had a bit of trouble with that one, no leaks, plenty of room for a wide guy bed and all my kit, i use a carp chair to sit out in the day and i would fold the back down flat to use as a table at night and still plenty room.

but then i always buy the two man version :wink:

The Force 8's had loads of problems, I do not know why.

The build quality of TFG gear has improved immeasurably since Dave Lane joined the company, especially the Hardcore brollies and bivvies. I use the Hardcore Umbrella system myself, and other than a muppet moment or two when I set up facing into a storm force wind breaking the umbrella wire at the top I have no complaints.

I hated the force 8.

Too small.

Too cold.

[emoji3]

well!! cant fault that bud :lol:

must have got a bogie, the first one i had a rib joint snapped when i was trying it out in the garden.

called the shop up and went right back for an exchange, never had a bit of trouble with that one, no leaks, plenty of room for a wide guy bed and all my kit, i use a carp chair to sit out in the day and i would fold the back down flat to use as a table at night and still plenty room.

but then i always buy the two man version :wink:

Even for more budget end stuff I would happily trust anything from Sonik to do what it's meant to do. Had a few things from the SKS range over the years, can honestly say they have all been far better than you'd expect for the price.

im sticking with the sonik sks bud, bed, bag n pillow for 140. I had 100 for bed & 50 for bag so think I got quite a good deal & its all sonik :)

Emailed the seller, they have said that they will do three for £80.00 delivered.

Apparently they are made from "HMX" carbon which is supposed to be lighter and 20% stiffer than the "norm".

Shame I can't see them in the flesh but at £26.00 a rod they could be worth a flutter.

My main fear is that they will be covered in gaudy decals and over the top whippings.

Decided not to go for them in the end, instead ordering a new Chub Outkast Smallwater to replace the one I broke in France. 

So now back up to my full compliment of my favourite rods.

It's the "new improved" version though, so might look a little different... which will no doubt see me ordering another couple at some point in the future so that they all match again.

Repeat after me...... I am not a tackle tart, and do not have more money than sense.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Edited by smufter

Exactly. Fox! Have you seen TF gear alarms! My mate had a set and they definitely cost him fish. They also cost him end gear, line, and an incredibly embarrassing trip round a lake with the owner when he got picked up in the night and wrapped round 2 islands with not so much as a bleep cause the alarm had failed.

Of course it can be cheap or expensive. Makes little difference to your catches. it's just what you can have or want to have. I've got some nice gear now, but I'm a self employed tradesman and I have to work longer and make sacrifices to have it. That's my choice. Doesn't make me catch more, and I'd never knock anyone for having cheap gear. I've fished for years on £20 rods and reels.

This thread was purely about a Sonik bed or a TF bed, and my point was, if the price is the same, buy the premium brand, as they aim the cheaper products at making you want to upgrade to their expensive products, meaning they are USUALLY better than the company that sells only budget products.

Tut tut Adam I'm surprised at you :(

Totally unintentional if that's how I came across NM.

No worries mate it was supposed to be a joke anyway .

But for your information :) .....

Since TFG got rid of Matt Hayes a few years ago the quality of their gear has improved ten fold and are clearly trying to rid themselves of their 'budget' reputation .

Ok it IS cheaper than your Foxes and Nashes and Trakkers but at the end of the day there are dodgy batches of all tackle by all brands that slip through the net undetected .

The TFG pod that I own is identical in build and quality to a few others that have "trendy" brand names and I don't think Dave Lane , for one , would associate himself with rubbish .

As a side note (and without trying to stir up another anti-Korda pot) , I avoided Korda hooks for years cos they were blunt but they may well have improved over the years , I don't know cos mud sticks doesn't it ? :):wink:

And Korda have NEVER been cheap.

Edited by newmarket

Since TFG got rid of Matt Hayes a few years ago the quality of their gear has improved ten fold and are clearly trying to rid themselves of their 'budget' reputation .

Ok it IS cheaper than your Foxes and Nashes and Trakkers but at the end of the day there are dodgy batches of all tackle by all brands that slip through the net undetected .

The TFG pod that I own is identical in build and quality to a few others that have "trendy" brand names and I don't think Dave Lane , for one , would associate himself with rubbish .

As a side note (and without trying to stir up another anti-Korda pot) , I avoided Korda hooks for years cos they were blunt but they may well have improved over the years , I don't know cos mud sticks doesn't it ? :):wink:

Yeah all fair points. Can't help but think that getting rid of Mat (spelt with a TW) Hayes can't of hurt them.

To be totally honest I hadn't really looked at any tfg stuff for a long time, due to the fact that everything I'd seen previously was junk, but after this thread I had a good look at some yesterday in a tackle shop. It's not at all bad is it! Some better than others, but a fair bit looked pretty good. I did have a play with a tfg centre pin reel. Didn't buy it in the end, went for a different one, but it was very nice indeed for the price.

And Korda have NEVER been cheap.

What hooks do you recommend?

tight lines

dave

tight lines

dave

Me ? I'm not sure I'm the one you should be asking as I don't get out on the bank much anymore , and of course it depends what your using em for , but I've never had any problems with Gardner Muggas , anything Gamakatsu or more recently the Fox Ss range :wink:

tight lines

dave

Gardner Muggas, Solar 101's, Gamakatsu GP204's

As Tim says, mud sticks, hence why I avoid Korda hooks myself.

I have seen items of tackle fail from almost all of the big brands, some is tackle failure, but some is occasionally angler fault. Like a landing net where I could almost guarantee that someone lifted it up with a fish in by the pole...

Bivvies occasionally leak, a badly sealed seam, or a missed stitch on a rod holdall.

However when one brand continually fails over a period of time I am loath to go back to them, no matter how good their advertising, or how big a name is associated with them, especially if the name himself has been known to be a bit of a plonker.

Ive just got

Shimano net bag

Browning carp keepnet

Steade fast keepnet

Extendable trolly (decent wheels)

6 draw seatbox with legs, platform & all the adds ons (bankstix, trays etc)

All for £20. At a car boot this morning, we were some of the 1st there with the torch's out lol. The rain shut it down about 20 mins after so there could of been more stuff about :/

Edited by Ghost hunter