What is your newest purchase

adders60

Ive just started using them eso cryogens stiff riggers as part off a ronnie rig (strange choice i know) but ive been getting some awsome hook holds and even while giving fish some welly away from snags they havent let me down. Also noticed the point doesnt blunt very quickly and seems to be very durable so id rate them at a good buy! 

27 minutes ago, Big Common said:

I would put them opening out, down to your rigs. A longer shanked hook, or a piece of shrink tube to lengthen the shank, will have your hook flipping over quicker and taking hold deeper inside the mouth, the pressure will then be on the bend of the hook, which means less leverage to open it out. I notice all you're opened out rigs are exactly the same, had they have been three different rigs, I might put the blame on the hook being at fault.

I would disagree buddy, no hook should open out like that regardless of how the rig is tied IMO. Even with poor rig mechanics I would expect a hook-pull before catastrophic hook deformation like seen in the photos. Rigs like those have been catching carp for years, IMO that packet of hooks defo had an issue, likely low hardness (maybe why ESP moved to this high temp/cryogenic tempering process, who knows?).

1 hour ago, Big Common said:

Couple of bits ticked off the list. This little rig box too help me towards cutting down a little on the amount of tackle I've been taking. Couldn't find anything else as compact with the same functions.

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/korda-combi-rig-safe

Got one of those myself. Great bit of kit, one of the best things I've bought and highly recommended.

Couldn't resist a weekend deal ,

Not used RG Baits before , but there service was second to none ordered over the weekend it was fresh & in my freezer by 10 am this morning. 

Got 20k plus a few other bits chucked in, delivered to my door for £ 120.00 can't moan at that as I know the baits good.  

That's my bait sorted for the first social of the year in April , the advanced hookers look particularly crey proof too which will come in to play later in the year 😎

10 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Couldn't resist a weekend deal ,

Not used RG Baits before , but there service was second to none ordered over the weekend it was fresh & in my freezer by 10 am this morning. 

Got 20k plus a few other bits chucked in, delivered to my door for £ 120.00 can't moan at that as I know the baits good.  

That's my bait sorted for the first social of the year in April , the advanced hookers look particularly crey proof too which will come in to play later in the year 😎

That's a good deal mate !! Didn't get much hassle from the crays at said venue :) but think they did me on last night. Just shelled out £130 for a lens repair so no bait order till may lol  

11 minutes ago, cyborx said:

i would kill for that barbie tho :lol:

I was going to get a brick one built, but by the time I weighed out over £150.00 for the bricks and cement etc. plus another £100.00 for somebody to build it for me it didn't work out a lot more to get this one from B&Q.  And this one looks a lot nicer.

57 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Little tip JH, when you fill it, try to use a spoon if you've got small stuff in the mix. I made the mistake of dipping it into the mix when I first used one last year. The small bits like hempseed can get stuck in the hinge and nose, it will close up ok, but jam slightly and might not open up on every cast. Good little tool though, and spreads slightly better than a spod.

31 minutes ago, yonny said:

You'll love the Spomb jh92. One of the great tackle inventions in the last 10 years. I can't remember how we managed without them (or rather I can.... with bait all over the swim).

Thanks and I hope I do lol I'll be using a mix of bird seed, maize and boilies so needed something to get it all out because I don't think a catapult would work so well lol. Just a quick question, I've been making a few batches of boilies today and on my last one I was getting the egg out of the pack and it broke, so I tipped it into the tub with the rest of the eggs only to notice the egg was cracked and it was stuck to the bottom of the pack, is that mix of eggs still OK to use or is it ruined? I take it the egg might of been gone off and the last thing I want is a bad batch of boilies lol thanks

On 3/2/2017 at 14:48, yonny said:

You'll love the Spomb jh92. One of the great tackle inventions in the last 10 years. I can't remember how we managed without them (or rather I can.... with bait all over the swim).

i blooming hate mine! the ones i have either open up on the cast or don't open when they hit the water. back to the good old spod for me.