Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

1 hour ago, Dungie987 said:

Dont you think these fishing takle sellers think that carp fishermen and women have a never ending heap of cash as the prices just keep going up and up 

Yeah and no. I was in my local tackleshop yesterday and clocked a few over priced things, distance sticks at £79.99, Nash key boilies at £14.99 a kilo, most of the freezer boilies was around £10+ a kilo. A lot of the bait attractors and pop ups seemed a bit over priced as well. But luckily I don't use any of it lol. But the price of terminal tackle seemed relatively cheap, you can get a pack of hooks for the price of a cloudy apple lol

Yes agreed but a lot of the mainstuff is dear for any one new to carp fishing a decent set up would cost £600 for the lot unless u buy a stinky winky shop put to gether kit

Edited by Dungie987
Mis spelling

3 hours ago, Dungie987 said:

Yes agreed but a lot of the mainstuff is dear for any one new to carp fishing a decent set up would cost £600 for the lot unless u buy a stinky winky shop put to gether kit

there are alternatives to plenty of kit to be had which are better quality and cheaper. army surplus kit, stoves like the Bulin T4... look on ebay for swivels, etc. (although do you trust them fully? I'd need to rigorously test them first) 

3 hours ago, greekskii said:

there are alternatives to plenty of kit to be had which are better quality and cheaper. army surplus kit, stoves like the Bulin T4... look on ebay for swivels, etc. (although do you trust them fully? I'd need to rigorously test them first) 

I get my ring swivels and quick change swivels from eBay mate, there done by "bank tackle" I've caught 100s of fish on them without having one break on me. Saying that I'll have one break on the next  fish I hook into now lol

Daiwa longbow spod and marker rod (4.25tc)

Daiwa longbow dedicated spod rod (4.5tc)

2 x Daiwa emblem spod reels

Braid for all the above.

Anyone got a comfy sofa or old van i can throw a mattress in??? Got a feeling im gonna need it when the missus gets home....

9 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I get my ring swivels and quick change swivels from eBay mate, there done by "bank tackle" I've caught 100s of fish on them without having one break on me. Saying that I'll have one break on the next  fish I hook into now lol

I'm talking about the silly priced ones. I picked up some swivels for when I make my own marker floats. 250 barrel swivels for £3 something. Now would I use these on my actual fishing rods? not without some serious testing first! If they performed the same as the 20 for £4 then its a bargain. 

i always buy 'alternative' end tackle as the mainstream suppliers just wont/cant come close.

here are just some of the examples i have found

1mm+2mm shrink tube 10mtrs £4.50 free p+p

micro hook swivels 1000 £2.99 free p+p

2mm rig rings (blowback etc)  50 £2.50 free p+p

Chub precision steel buzz bars X2 

Chub precision bank sticks x4

Jag lockdown steel large 

Taska combi-line capsule x5

Taska kwick linq swivel x7

Manilla 20mm boilies 

Solar 15mm/18mm boilies 

All items from eBay at less than half the price of my nearest tackle shop. 

I got home last night and was given the news by my lovely other half that she had reversed into a car.    There goes a bucket load on an insurance excess....on top of that she hasn't paid off her recent speed and red light fines....

...so I used my fuzzy logic and decided I should treat myself to some new Shimano XTD 5500's because I'm fed up of paying for her driving mistakes all the time and decided I should spend some money on something for myself. :D

6 hours ago, t30sxh said:

I got home last night and was given the news by my lovely other half that she had reversed into a car.    There goes a bucket load on an insurance excess....on top of that she hasn't paid off her recent speed and red light fines....

...so I used my fuzzy logic and decided I should treat myself to some new Shimano XTD 5500's because I'm fed up of paying for her driving mistakes all the time and decided I should spend some money on something for myself. :D

Well done that man! 😂😂 👍🏻

A spool of Technium Invisitech to go on my new XTD's and a couple of tungsten anti tangle tubes.

I normally use Gardner Pro light or dark but thought I'd go "a bit fancy like" and try out the considerably more expensive shimano line.

4 minutes ago, Big Common said:

I've heard one or two on here say how good the Technium is.

I think you'll find that the Invisitech is a totally different line to Technium BC.

Not saying it's better or worse, but the Technium is the "black" version and the one that people rave about. Me included 8)

14 minutes ago, yonny said:

I've heard the 2017 version of the Technium black has changed, dunno how true that is.

It doesn't seem as "black" Yonny. First spool I ever bought was as black as your hat, but this is a bit lighter in colour.

The Technium black that we all used (me included was fantastic and at the time when they released it the camou was the same line i.e feel diameter etc.

I have kept a couple of bulk spools of both in their tins in the dark and hope they haven't deteriorated so I shall be able to make a direct comparison when I see some in our local shops.

Cheers

Ian