Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

I bought some rig bits on the bay.

20 meters of coated braid.

20 curved shank hooks size 8.

Hook beads.

Anti tangle rig sleeve.

Bait screws.

Shrink tube. :)

Edited by finchey
Missing word.

New reel arrived, it is absolutely fantastic. The quality is evident as soon as you pick it up. A bit cheesed off because Eric's Angling were now showing them out of stock, and they were a lot (and I mean a LOT) more expensive elsewhere.

I gave Eric's a call on the off chance that their website might be wrong, the guy was really helpful and said that although THEY were out of stock, another of their branches was showing as having 18 in stock! 

He honoured the price I got the original one for, plus I got free delivery too.

So two more on their way to me for £160 delivered.

That has to be bargain of the decade.

19 hours ago, smufter said:

New reel arrived, it is absolutely fantastic. The quality is evident as soon as you pick it up. A bit cheesed off because Eric's Angling were now showing them out of stock, and they were a lot (and I mean a LOT) more expensive elsewhere.

I gave Eric's a call on the off chance that their website might be wrong, the guy was really helpful and said that although THEY were out of stock, another of their branches was showing as having 18 in stock! 

He honoured the price I got the original one for, plus I got free delivery too.

So two more on their way to me for £160 delivered.

That has to be bargain of the decade.

Bargin. I managed to get 3 second hand for £170 i think. Great reels, i couldnt warrant spending anymore because im not the best with my kit.

18 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Bargin. I managed to get 3 second hand for £170 i think. Great reels, i couldnt warrant spending anymore because im not the best with my kit.

All three now spooled up (Technium Black 12lb) and ready for action. Lovely line lay, and so smooth to crank. They look great on the rods, slightly bigger than my old Daiwa Emcasts, but not too much so. The whole set up looks really well balanced. Out on Tuesday for a 12 hour session at White Cottage. Fingers crossed I might christen one of them.

I did 'phone Eric's up to say thank you for the brilliant service. Shame they don't have a feedback page on their website.

Edited by smufter

On 02/09/2017 at 03:56, smufter said:

I did phone Eric's up to say thank you for the brilliant service. Shame they don't have a feedback page on their website.

The problem with a lot of the feedback on some sites is unfortunately dubious - to say the least - but honest feedback like you have given on here is worth far more.

We usually only take the time to moan, so big thumbs up Smuft :)

Just picked up 2 x TF Gear Black Edition ex cabinet display...£25 a piece for me...

Screenshot_20170903-183342.thumb.jpg.da3b19abc0698738f94f7c8e3a89f641.jpg

AND 2 x Lineaffe All Black £25 for both for little lads 9ft NGT Stalker Rods...

Screenshot_20170903-183210.thumb.png.f032ba436f99516bd95cf857b523207f.png

any suggestions on line as i may take off my Fox Camo and put on new reels...

😁😁😁🎣🎣🎣🎣

17 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Sensor is good but not suitable for slack lining. Doesn't sink quickly at all. Gardner GTHD is great line. Original technium or synchro xt. New versions are stinky winky compared to the older versions. The line @yonny likes is good too. Rig morale I think

Must admit I never had a problem getting my Sensor down to the lakebed, and nearly always fished running leads and slack lines.

After casting out and gradually tightening the line, to the lead without moving it, put the baitrunner on, or loosen clutch, pull line off the spool as you lower your rod tip to the lakebed. Pull more line off sinking it as you lift the rod onto the buzzer. Then when it is on the buzzer make sure that there is slack with the line touching the base of the rod rings as you attach your indicator, at maximum drop. When done, the line should still be at the base of the rod rings, and dropping straight down from the rod tip.

I have synchro xt on the other spools to be honest it's very wirery and very keen to get of the spool, if I don't have it in the line clip, I quite often end up with a bird's nest to sort out ..

Just bought 10kg of mainline..

5kg Cell...5kg Banoffee...£65

Korda Kaptor curve shank sz8 x2pks

Anti tangle sleeves 35mm x 20

Shrink tube x20 50mm lengths 

Krysron coated snake skin 20lb B/S

🎣🎣🎣

Not even mi birthday till next week...

Mrs promised me a new Rod pod (saber low pro or Qdos goal post) and a bedchair...😁😁