What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Hi Smuft, been looking at these stoves since there was some good feedback after your original post...... Is yours the one that comes in the little cloth bag? Or am I looking at a different model?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulin-Cooking-Camping-Burner-Outdoor/dp/B00V344YJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1510775191&sr=1-1&keywords=bulin+t4+stove

This is the one I've seen.

I've got the trakker badged one, paid well over double that for the same stove.

Plus side it's ace so you won't be disappointed 

I got ripped off rushing for an emergency stove mid session wish I'd have seen this instead 

20 minutes ago, Big Common said:

That was the first search I did, so wasn't sure if it was the right model. Tend to use a coleman at this time of year, but deffo need a decent gas stove, as my little screw in one isn't great and doesn't balance very well.

Never had a petrol stove don't like the smell makes me nervous I'm gonna go up in flames - I've got previous on the bank brings back bad memories - I was a fireball, nearly had to dive in the pond lol

My mate put me off petrol stoves wiv his Coleman twin burner, he never seemed to have it under control! 🤣

Forever playing about with it wiv no real idea what he was doing

Edited by kevtaylor
22 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Never had a petrol stove don't like the smell makes me nervous I'm gonna go up in flames - I've got previous on the bank brings back bad memories - I was a fireball, nearly had to dive in the pond lol

My mate put me off petrol stoves wiv his Coleman twin burner, he never seemed to have it under control! 🤣

Forever playing about with it wiv no real idea what he was doing

I remember all the mickey taking about that on here about 10 years ago!!! Lol

8 hours ago, Big Common said:

Hi Smuft, been looking at these stoves since there was some good feedback after your original post...... Is yours the one that comes in the little cloth bag? Or am I looking at a different model?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulin-Cooking-Camping-Burner-Outdoor/dp/B00V344YJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1510775191&sr=1-1&keywords=bulin+t4+stove

This is the one I've seen.

That's the fella mate. I bought mine from a different seller and the bag was black, but it matters not.
I also bought the box of 6 gas canisters on special offer, they should last yonks.
You won't regret either mate.

9 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Hmmm, baiting pole and sawn off, take it you'll be tucking yourself away somewhere? Days only?

No mate, I've still got some overnighters in me 😉

Baiting pole = general use when I feel it's the better option 

sawnoff for keeping in the car for those sneaky little sessions that swmbo doesn't need to know about (you know the "sorry babe the traffic on the a12 was horrendous" scenarios 😂) 

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Carp, obviously, big pike, and I know its something small, 2 new storm poles, to replace the ones Sky managed to bend rushing out of the bivvy while on her long lead attached to my bedchair!

Oops!

Just went to get my hair cut at my barbers, which just happens to be on same side of town as Fishing Republic, Cygnet 42-82 storm poles sorted, along with more PVA mesh, and some more deadbaits, there goes another £40:shock:

25 minutes ago, carp_fan said:

Have ordered new bucket, model 5100 from Ollyskins as a present to myself )) Also, waiting for the Black Friday to get some stuff with discount. Saw on their website they have started the discounts, need to see if the product I want will be OFF. 

You really rate them eh buddy. I saw your first and second posts on here, and your posts on the other forum, ALL refer to an Ollyskins model number........

10 minutes ago, yonny said:

I'm struggling to find any decent deals today.

Found a Snugpak SJ9 for 120 quid but that wasn't on an angling site.

same, most of the stuff is either only 15% (not worth it unless you really wanted it anyway) or just sale items discounted further. I cant find a barrow cover with more than 15% off... unless I do then my groundsheet will be my saviour when it rains.